The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Bow roller issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkswor

City/Region: tok
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Missy marie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Bow roller issue Reply with quote

Have a 25 ft cdory cruiser on an ez load trailer
I am having problem with the bow shifting to the side and forward
The roller is 5 in long. Not a v. I can’t find a 5 in v roller for it
I have a tie down straight down from the eye to the frame to keep bow down
I have two straps frim the eye to a cross beam and rear tie downs to keep boat from slipping forward. And a strap over the boat cockpit to hold boat down
It still slips to the side and forward
Anyone had this problem and have a fix?
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need a "roller" on the bow, or just a "V"? I'd get a big yellow urethane "V" block instead. The bow will fit snug better and stay better put with a "V" block than a roller.

When you add the "V" block, add another eye bolt on the trailer post opposite the bow eye and then connect the two with a strong turnbuckle to cinch the two points together tightly. I've also seen folks use a truckers cinch down levered binder for this purpose if there's enough room.

Also check out the bow post on your trailer. Is it strong and reasonably rigid or does it flex side to side allowing the bow and itself to easily get misaligned?

Do you have side centering "guide-ons" on the trailer for the hull? They would also tend to keep the hull centered, and are great for retrieving the boat at the launch ramp.

Have you looked at your bunks or rollers on the trailer carefully? Are they square and true for the hull, or are any higher, lower, or out of alignment causing the hull to shift as the boat rides and jostles around? You might have to get a long and truly straight bar or pipe and do some measurement carefully.

I'd try those things first. Just my 2 cents! Laughing

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: