The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - 2004 Cruiser 22’ $29.5K (Saugerties, NY)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveM

City/Region: Malden on Hudson
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Date
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: SOLD - 2004 Cruiser 22’ $29.5K (Saugerties, NY) Reply with quote

I’m a mechanical engineer and 61 years old. I maintain my equipment carefully. When we purchased this boat in 2011 I was amazed at the quality of workmanship and attention to code and quality. I have replaced the fuel pumps and evaporator in the engine in 2018. We have used the boat exclusively on the Hudson River in New York and have not taken the boat into the Erie Canal or out to the ocean. The previous owner was located in southern CT and did take the boat out onto the coast. He only put about 40 hours on the Evinrude motor. The boat has been delightful for us. We have kept it docked in a slip in summers and stored in its own shed during the winter. The trailer is included in the price. The kicker motor is not included in the sale.

I have photos of the exterior and interior at this Google Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y6lhxNg6s22nMrmTFipi-E8zxpqMNaKI?usp=sharing

Boat was has been repowered, rewired and completely redone with a factory type galley added. Little remains of the original equipment.

Engine & Mechanical:
• 2008 Evinrude E-tec 90HP weekend cruising since purchased in 2011. Only 40 hours from previous owner. Engine electronics includes dual digital 3.5” I-Command gauges including fuel management system and run exclusively with Evinrude XD-100 oil.
• Both fuel tanks and all hoses replaced with new 23 gallon C-Dory tanks from Moeller
• New Bay Star hydraulic steering mounted with Teleflex wedge for additional room
• Trim tabs
• Lewmar V-700 windlass with Ό” chain, 150 feet of ½” rode and a Fortress FX-16 aluminum anchor with SS swivel
Trailer:
• 2008 LoadRite Aluminum, tandem axle, roller trailer model LR-AR22T5200102TB2 with spare tire on frame mounted carrier
• Hubs replaced with easy to maintain and grease hubs
Electrical:
• Boat was rewired with professional design and guidance provided under contract by Arild Jensen with all tinned wiring and numerous Blue Sea thermal circuit breakers
• Xantrex ProSine 1000W inverter
• 3 x Lifeline Group 31 AGM batteries between fuel tanks
• 1 Optima Group 27 AGM start battery in starboard lazarette
• Added Blue Sea 6 position 12V circuit breaker panel with indicator lights
• All cabin lights replaced with 5” new SS LED fixtures (1 over dinette, 1 over galley, 1 red/white under helm overhead shelf, 1 in forward cabin) plus 3 gooseneck LED reading lights
• 30A shore power added with dedicated breaker panel (main, battery charger, cabin outlets, and galley outlets) and SS inlet in portside storage coaming to keep run to breaker within ABYC code.
• 30A Xantrex XC battery charger
• All 110V outlets in boat are in 4 outlet boxes, 2 outlets fed by shorepower and 2 fed by the 1000W inverter and all outlets (inverter and shorepower) are GFI protected
• 12V Coframo Sirocco fan (3 speed with timer)
• Nav lights replaced with Agua Signal LED lights and relocated to forward side roof overhang and 360 degree removable white Perko LED on radar arch

Interior:
• Professional upholstery from S&S Fabric Products (www.ssfabricproducts.com), probably the smallest boat they have ever done but they have done work for us before and their quality is superb:
o UltraLeather mid cabin upholstery, Baltic Blue 291-2551(http://www.ultrafabricsllc.com/page/products/page:all/) with all new foam
o Sunbrella v-berth upholstery, Dupione 8016-000 Galaxy (www.sunbrella.com/fabric_details.php?fid=870) with all new foam including 2” of memory foam inside cushions
• Garelick hinged and removable helm chair to replace factory helm seat
• Interior painted with several coats of Interlux Brightside White to dramatically lighten up the interior while leaving it easy to clean
• Cabin floor painted Interlux gray but center aisle, under dinette table and helm foot area have Lonseal Teak & Holly (Dock pattern) flooring
• Port side under V-berth has hatch cut, foam removed and a longer So-Pac hatch dropped in
• New So-Pac lazarette hatch installed in side of forward dinette seat to facilitate access
• Bilge pump and switch replaced with new Rule pump

Galley:
• Galley added to match factory galley
• Galley surface is Blueberry Formica with teak trim. Galley cabinet has teak trimmed doors, a shelf inside with 2 x 2 drawer roll out wire shelves and a teak trimmed bottom drop door to allow access under shelf for pots and other storage as was done on “Anna Leigh.”
• Wallas 85DU diesel stove/heater
• SS deep, highly polished galley sink with Whale Gulper foot pump served by new 20 gallon water tank under aft dinette seat with sight tube and all new plumbing

Electronics:
• Electronics, all new in 2009 or 2010 include:
o Furuno 1834C plotter/radar and external GPS antenna
o Furuno GP-32 GPS with external antenna
o Raymarine A-70D chartplotter/fishfinder with transom mount transducer
o 2 x Standard Horizon GX5000S DSC VHF radios (check model) each with a 4” ICOM external speaker
o Raymarine S1000 autopilot
o Automatic fog horn controller on air horns

Radar Arch:
• High C-Dory SS radar arch added:
o 2 Digital Antenna 8ft, 6db VHF antennas (Model 529-VW) on SS ratchet mounts
o AFI double trumpet air horns (compressor in cabin)
o 4KW, 24 inch Furuno radome
o 3 Rodholders
o Custom SS tubing upper support
o 2 Furuno GPS antennas
o Removable Perko all around white LED light
o Teak flag staff and ensign
Cockpit:
• New So-Pac lazarette hatches.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidM, WOW, that looks like a beautiful package at a compelling price. I am curious what are the hours on the engine are? You stated that the original owner had about 40 hours on when you purchased, and then it looks like you only put an additional 40 hours. Is that right? That would make for a really low hour boat.

Best in your sale efforts. Someone is going to get a very nice package.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a very good buy for someone! I was a fairly close friend of Arild Jensen, and if he did the re-wire--it was done right. The trailer is good model, Sounds if the boat has had some very nice and very serious upgrades!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
DaveM

City/Region: Malden on Hudson
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: C-Date
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hardee"]DavidM, WOW, that looks like a beautiful package at a compelling price. I am curious what are the hours on the engine are? You stated that the original owner had about 40 hours on when you purchased, and then it looks like you only put an additional 40 hours. Is that right? That would make for a really low hour boat.

Best in your sale efforts. Someone is going to get a very nice package.

Harvey
[b][i]SleepyC[/i][/b] Moon

[img]http://www.c-brats.com/albums/album1333/7_SleepyC_at_Port_Harvey_001.thumb.jpg[/img][/quote]

Harvey, the engine does have more than 80 hours total. The total is not a lot as we used the boat on the odd weekend for rides up and down the Hudson River. I’m embarrassed I don’t know if I can pull the number of hours from the E-TEC ECU. I will work to figure this out. Dave
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I would think the hours would show up easily on the engine tachometer guage. Maybe not. Thanks. I'm pretty sure a prospective buyer is going to be interested in those numbers.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: