Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the brats Red Knot. Your boat sounds interesting. Post some pics.

If you have a hankering to do any of the Canadian canals - Trent, Rideau or rivers St. Lawrence, Ottawa, etc. I might be interested depending on timing, etc.

Regards,

Rob

Red Knot

City/Region: SOBX
State or Province: NC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert H. Wilkinson wrote:
Welcome to the brats Red Knot. Your boat sounds interesting. Post some pics.

If you have a hankering to do any of the Canadian canals - Trent, Rideau or rivers St. Lawrence, Ottawa, etc. I might be interested depending on timing, etc.

Regards,

Rob

Thanks, will post some later on when I get some time to figure that out here. I probably will not get that far north this year. We have two other ventures on tap, with grandkids to the south. And we deal with hurricane season where we don't go too far that time of year. So a shorter trip inland will probably finish us up for cruising after possibly doing the Erie Canal.
Gulfcoastjohn

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: CAT 'O MINE
Photos: CAT 'O MINE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Red Knot! and Robert W.
PM sent (Private Message button).
We enjoy buddy cruising, but the Erie Canal adventure will be during hurricane season as we have a family reunion mid Aug. Us renters don't worry much about hurricanes.

Cheers!
John

Red Knot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did reply to your pm.
Red Knot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me if I have missed my answer someone where on the site. But has anyone organized a trip or is planning on doing a trip on the Erie during Aug, mainly the first of Aug? Or anyone doing any cruising on the Kentucky lakes or in and around the rivers in Tenn?
Gulfcoastjohn

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: CAT 'O MINE
Photos: CAT 'O MINE
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, we really appreciate them. We now have 2 years of retirement experience where we can finally have more than 2 weeks off together. Every cruise gives us more experience re what we enjoy most, whether our ideal cruise day is 20 miles vs 100 miles (an easy 3-4 hours in a TC255).

Our family reunion was re-scheduled, so we have made this adventure much more ambitious…a loop of the historic canals of New York and Canada, plus parts of the St L Seaway and Lake Champlain. 750 water miles and over 100 locks over 30 days or so. We plan to end up at the west end of the Erie canal 150 miles from our launch marina (so we can then pull out and trailer closer to the Miss Brat Gathering at Alton Sept 5).

We plan to launch July 28 at Pirates Cove (Active Captain 4 star) on the Erie Canal; has an adequate ramp for the 255 and trailer storage for $5/day per manager Paul, and stay as transients that night. We have nice suites reserved at 3 military bases enroute there and the security is unbeatable on base.

Then north up the Oswego canal, 50 miles across Lake Ontario, enter the 1,000 islands, sashay up the US side of the St L to Heart Island/Bolt castle, pick our way over carefully to the Canadian side, check-in to Canada at Kingston, up the Richelieu to Ottawa, then to Montreal, north to Sorel and enter Chambly canal down to Lake Champlain, south to the east entrance of the Erie canal at Waterford, then west to the end of the Erie canal (passing by Pirates Cove Marina launch point) then up the Niagara river to Rich Marina at Buffalo (deep steep ramp out of the river current), and transient slip to Enterprise back to Pirates Cove to retrieve the rig.

Then load up and on to Alton, which is only another 800 miles!

Red Knot, left voicemail; if you can’t join us, do the 800 water mile Cumberland/Tenn river “U” cruise and end up only 120 Enterprise land miles from your launch marina and rig. We put in at Defeated Creek marina, better ramp for a TC255. See

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=26120&start=150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

esp Floyd’s video at page 11.

I didn’t have time to get a proper RT FCC license so we probably won’t be broadcasting our AIS position while in Canada. But we’ll post every now and then!

Come by if you’re close or toot if you see us on this adventure!

Cheers!

John and Eileen
pat.jack

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-renity
Photos: C-renity
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John and Eileen,

So good to see you are going to take your great trip to NYS. I'll try to watch your progress. Our offer still holds if we are home while you're traveling through our section of the canal (Rochester area). We'd love to get together . While our C-Dory has been sold, we still feel like C-Brats!
Safe travels,
Pat & Jack Howell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: