The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/17 - 05/19 - Friday Hbr CBGT, 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been added to the calendar, listed on the front page and given a signup list.

I set Rock-C as the group moderator because the list requires one and he started the thread. That doesn't mean he has to take on all the Cruise Director responsibilities unless he wants to!

All the best for Jolee! I hope to see that you guys are able to make it to the Friday Harbor CBGT and that her recovery is going great.

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harvey & Mike. We are sure hoping to be there & will be if we can, whether there’s a director or not.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sign up sheet set up already. I think I saw a note from Tyboo that there was one set up.

Go to the home page, the bar just under the logo has a button for "event signups". Click on that. There will be a tiny window under "Join A Group". Click on the drop down triangle just to the right, inside the window. "Friday Hrbr" will come up. Click on the "View Information" window, and a new page will open. In the "Group Information" box you will see this:

Quote:
Group name: 05/17 - 05/19 - Friday Hbr CBGT, 2019
Group description: Discussion
Group membership: This is an automatically approved group: click to request membership Just to the right of that there will be a "JOIN GROUP" box or message. Click there and you are in.

Go ahead. It would be great to see you.

The C-BRATS do get a reduced rate at the Friday Harbor dock for the duration, an each boat is responsible to pay their own moorage fees but you do not need to reserve ahead of time. The C-BRATS usually fill the H and most of G dock. AND a good time is had by all Laughing

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am taking the liberty of reposting this announcement from Greg . it was on the other thread but was not getting committed on.

Quote:
Hello C-Brats! We have been distracted with travel recently, but it appears that folks are thinking about sunshine in May, including dates and conversation about this event. The dates are indeed set with the port for May 17,18,and 19. Moorage should be fresh this year based on dock upgrades and replacements happening through February for G and H docks. We have a lead on a restaurant for a Friday dinner out, and a Saturday potluck is inevitable.

However, This event needs a new host! After a few years of fun, we have enough conflicts with kid and life, that we just can't be there and need to pass it on. The timing of this event is perfect, as a kickoff to the season, and very well attended and loved. A truly exciting opportunity for a new host to revel in boats and boaters, but no longer viable timing for Ari and her crew.

The event basics are already in motion, and we have outlines/lists to help guide a new host through the event details. Michael Long from the port is all set with moorage and potluck details. These gatherings are very much defined by the host, and so long as there is a potluck (require in the bylaws I think), the rest of the details can be whatever the host determines. Keep it simple, or make it crazy. As long as folks have a place to park their boat, a potluck, and are surrounded by lovely C-Dorys, you really can't go wrong.

Get in touch by PM, or feel free to send us an email if you have questions or are interested in taking this on. We simply can't be there, and need a volunteer to make this event happen for 2019 and beyond.

Greg and Cindie
findmeoutside@hotmail.com

so some one step up and take hold of this thing. Its a great event. Events are not hard to run. Susan and I have ran a total of 8 ?? over the years. So lets get some new blood in there.

smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tosca will be there
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have 2 threads for the Friday harbor Gathering. We should probably combine so thing don't get missed. Since Greg and Cindy were in charge of setting the dates up with FH Marina. Seems their thread should continue. Also, Their message needs to be seen and shared. They have done a great job over the last few years and the FHCBGT has been a super good time. Now, their lives are needing to take a different tack and we (C-BRATS) are in need of someone to step in and take the reins.

Here is the link to the other thread:

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=27120&highlight=

Sure hope to get to see you all there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50/50 chance Midnight Flyer may be there again this year. Colby
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am placing this copy here, (I had posted it on the other thread), so that when that thread goes away, this info will still be in the active FH CBGT thread.

Quote:
Just want to pass on some information for those planning on or considering the Friday Harbor C-Brat Get Together or FH CBGT. The schedule dates Greg set up for the FH CBGT are May 17 (Friday), 18th (Sat) and 19th Sunday. ( * Note if you are going to be there on Thursday night.) Because the C-BRATS come in with so many vessels we are given a discount rate for dock moorage. That rate is $.85 a foot. That is about $5.50 per night, discount for a CD-22.

*Now, if we have 10 or more boats there on Thursday night, (May 16), that discount rate will apply for Thursday night as well. (That word came from Mike ath the Port office.) I like that because I usually plan on crossing Juan de Fuca a day ahead just to be sure I can get there in time. Really nice of the folks at Friday Harbor to treat us so well.

Port of Friday Harbor (marina) phone is 360-378-2688. We do not need to call ahead to reserve dock space, or even call in on VHF 66 on arrival. Just arrive at “H” or “G” dock, tie up and settle in then deal with the paper work.

Hope this helps in the decision to come to the 2019 FHCBGT. Hope to see you there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it seems as of now the FH CBGT will happen but without an official "host." And thanks to Greg and Cindy for doing an outstanding job for the last several years.

How does this sound for a schedule?

Friday. Arrive, register, docktails and conversation. No host required, and we will all help incoming boats get into their slips and tied up. Those who want to can go out for supper, somebody should suggest a restaurant, but it is not necessary for everyone to go to the same restaurant or go to a restaurant at all. If you have a name tag, bring it, if not, maybe we can get some blank tags and a Sharpie.

Saturday. Usually we have some sweet rolls and juice available. Maybe we can figure out who will see that this happens, or maybe this is not necessary. Probably coffee and whatever other breakfast you want, you will be on your own! There is usually a visit to West Marine Saturday morning for donuts, and someone should probably tell them in advance. We also usually have the CG Auxiliary do safety checks during the day, and I'll bet they will be happy to do that again for us, again somebody should let them know in advance. For the rest of the day up until 5 p.m., see "Friday"! At 5 p.m. we should have the usual potluck. Without a host, there may be no games or prizes - any volunteers to organize that? After the potluck, I will be happy to the don the finery and do christenings as I have done for the last several FH CBGTs. PM me if you would like to have your boat christened!

Sunday. Breakfast on your own, more docktalk, depart for home or better yet, for some San Juan or Gulf Island cruising!

Now, if this is to happen, there are some holes to fill! This CBGT is too important to let it go by the wayside! Nobody has to do the whole thing, from here on out, I suspect it needs to be a cooperative undertaking by more than just one couple. Trust me, anybody who has undertaken to organize a CBGT understands that the demands can become a little too overwhelming year after year. Two "Bellingham is Back" CBGTs were kind of our limit!

So, we can pull this off this year, but we need to figure out how to do it next year and in subsequent years. Please keep that in the back of your mind, and let's talk about who is doing what for NEXT year right after the potluck!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

hardee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should have put this in this thread instead of the other one. (Which is locked now.)

Don't know if you saw this Pat, but If we have 10 boats at Friday Harbor on Thursday night we will get the discount rate for that night too. Seems like that could happen, we usually have several there a day or so early anyway.

Quote:
"Just want to pass on some information for those planning on or considering the Friday Harbor C-Brat Get Together or FH CBGT. The schedule dates Greg set up for the FH CBGT are May 17 (Friday), 18th (Sat) and 19th Sunday. ( * Note if you are going to be there on Thursday night.) Because the C-BRATS come in with so many vessels we are given a discount rate for dock moorage. That rate is $.85 a foot. That is about $5.50 per night, discount for a CD-22.

*Now, if we have 10 or more boats there on Thursday night, (May 16), that discount rate will apply for Thursday night as well. (That word came from Mike at the Port office.) I like that because I usually plan on crossing Juan de Fuca a day ahead just to be sure I can get there in time. Really nice of the folks at Friday Harbor to treat us so well.

Port of Friday Harbor (marina) phone is 360-378-2688. We do not need to call ahead to reserve dock space, or even call in on VHF 66 on arrival. Just arrive at “H” or “G” dock, tie up and settle in then deal with the paper work.

Hope this helps in the decision to come to the 2019 FHCBGT. Hope to see you there.

OH, and just so no one is planning on bringing $$$$ to spend at the FH West Marine, there is none. WM pulled out of Friday Harbor and so we don't have to walk all the way up that hill for donuts at FH this time. Sure sad to see them leave that community.

OK, So almost a duplicate post. Sorry. Consider it emphasis for the Thursday special.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pat and Patty. We can bring Juice and cups on Saturday morning for everyone. Maybe others can call King's Market and ask about pastries and donuts and possibly delivery. That would be great. It will all come together. If we all put our heart and soul into this event it will happen in a great manner and we will all have a great time! So, Juice and cups are done on Saturday morning. Let's keep this thread going....

Gary and Colleen.
DW

City/Region: Mount Vernon
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Wicked Pissah
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be of interest to some during the weekend; a visit to the San Juan Islands Museum of Art. One exhibit that caught my eye is this:

https://www.visitsanjuans.com/events/my-war-wartime-photographs-vietnam-veterans

Looks like the museum would be a nice walk from the marina.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gary, that is the kind of team spirit I was hoping we would be able to find collectively.

And a visit to the museum sounds good too!

Harvey, Daydream will be coming on Thursday as usual, so count us as one of the ten needed!
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanie & I (Steve) are new (to us) 22 Cruiser owners and would like to help out any way we can for this event. We have never been to a C-Brats' gathering. We expect to be back up to our Orcas Island home early May just before this event. I'm not sure how sorted out I will have C Sharp by then, but hopefully enough to make the passage to Friday Harbor.

Looking forward to meeting some C-Brats face to face!
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve and Joanie. We look forward to meeting you both at the FHCBGT. We are newbies to the group and were made to feel so welcomed last year at the event. You will meet so many nice people and you both will have such a good time at the event. Welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: