Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tippy Canoe

City/Region: Central
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Seattle Boat Show 2019 Reply with quote

The Seattle Boat Show dates are fast approaching (Jan. 25 - Feb. 2). Is there going to be any kind of C-Brats gathering or meet up?
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning on going but are not sure of the exact dates. We will bring our Alaskan Camper up there and stay for a day or too.
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions on where to park a camper?
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also interested. I do want to attend. I believe the dates are 1/25 to 2/3. Lots of stuff to look at, (buy, for some), and do.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul (pcg), there are several RV Parks north of Seattle near Lynnwood but it would still be a bit of a drive to the SBS. One of the nicer ones looks to be Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell, Wa.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice place in Bellevue.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g58349-d6922102-Reviews-Vasa_Park_Resort-Bellevue_Washington.html

It's an easy ride on I-90 right to the Boat Show. Even better, there's a Park & Ride at the next exit.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Seattle you can park a camper anywhere you want with out a hassle. No tags or plates no problem. Not running and the septic going into the streets? no problem. running drugs and hookers out of it or just cooking meth? no problem. The city PD has been banned by the city government from arresting or towing you. enjoy. and I wish I was joking but I'm not.
hardee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody thinking of a get together? Time, Date, Where. Seems like it would be nice as an off season gig.

I know this has fallen to the more local Brats, and it is not easy. Any ideas on an easy way to do it?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a PM about this. "Why don't I do it?",

Well....

#1, I don't know Seattle. As far as I am concerned it is Seattle from Olympia all the way up past Mt. Vernon.
#2, I am not the social butterfly, or the chief organizer some other folks are.
#3. I am not sure I can even be there.

So here is what I remember from before:
Roger "Sensei" said the Larkspur is still contacting us (CBRATS) to come back.
Rogerbum "SeaDNA" had a possible place for a pot luck
Peter "C-Dancer" also possibly had a place.
Tom and Susan "Susan E" did it last couple of years and said they are not going to do it this year.

I don't know if it is too late for anything to happen at this time or not but not that the elephant is standing in the room, maybe a door will open.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about gatherings is that someone always has to do the heavy lifting. For years, Roger and Elizabeth took on the boat show potluck at Larkspur, and the reviewers all agreed they did a professional-grade bash. Then Susan and Tom courageously assumed the task for several years, hacking through a jungle of obstacles so they could bring us a banquet by the lake. Thank you four very much for making those yearly receptions possible. Then last year, we'll recall, Peter and Caryn offered space in a conference room at work near Pike Place Market. (Note, no "s").
Thanks, all, a great big bunch for your time and coordination all of those years. You spoiled us, and I came to expect it would just come together.

This year's different, which is okay. But we still have Brats going to the boat show, and it sounds like some would like a winter mingle. How 'bout we make it simple, give mom a break this year, and meet at a nearby restaurant? I recall one year we met at Ivars on Alaskan Way. Perhaps Anthony's a few blocks north, or maybe something closer to the show. Like Deception Pass, it's doable if we have the desire. But it's not as if it's an obligation if we're just lukewarm about gathering, and we'd rather see the show and do other stuff in Seattle. We could just smile and say howdy pardner, at the C-Dory display.
Brock
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer square is close by, and if an informal gathering went to a restaurant there after say 1:30 or 2 the lunch crowd would be over and talkers or beverage drinkers would likely be welcome. We could meet at the c-brat booth at agreed times - just say you are interested on this site, or personal message if you want to meet a specific person. I likely will attend at least one day.
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobLL wrote:
Pioneer square is close by, and if an informal gathering went to a restaurant there after say 1:30 or 2 the lunch crowd would be over and talkers or beverage drinkers would likely be welcome. We could meet at the c-brat booth at agreed times - just say you are interested on this site, or personal message if you want to meet a specific person. I likely will attend at least one day.

Rob, I like your idea of at least getting together somewhere. Note that there is no "c-brat" booth though. I will be there sometime Friday to Sunday the first weekend most likely. Still need to work out the for-sure time.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought someone was going to have a few C-Dories at the show. I would likely attend the show whenever a group of 'brats' decides to attend. Another nautical possibility would be for a bunch of us to take the Bainbridge ferry over and back, Ivers has a take-out fish and Chip place next to the terminal. Typically the noon ferries are not all that busy. But I am not sure about weekends.
Randall

City/Region: Salish Sea
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Moonshine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobLL wrote:
I thought someone was going to have a few C-Dories at the show.

Mark previously said "We will be displaying the following at the Seattle Boat Show:
22 Cruiser
23 Venture
Plus either a 25’ Tomcat or a 26’ Venture!!
These will displayed at Master Marine at the show!! "

Randall
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an South Eastern contingency, who participated and loved the first few gatherings and activities around the SBS times to include the Argosy sightseeing cruise.... It was a blast and things changed a bit each year. Sorry but Ive been AWOL from many events due to ...life. Thanks to all who made each of them possible... and a special thanks to those who showed up the first few years and realized that the Johnson's, myself, and several others doing the leg work ...were not employees...but just C-Dory loving friends getting together for a gig.....pitched in and helped with the madness. For those who showed up at unannounced times demanding free boat show tickets and thought we were their personal servants...well...yall just might be part of why folks don't want all the BS that goes with a SBS Gathering. That being out of the way...I again have purchased a new to me CD-22Angler and need a few toys to complete the rig for this seasons April - October stay and water fun. So, I may come out. Back to fun stuff...the cruise company was way easy to work with as they signed up a group of us, each of us making and setting up their own reservation for a particular time/date/cruise... about 20-40 of us...and we pretty much took over the cruise with laughter and fun. May be an idea...but, I cant commit to making the trip until some health issues/VA appointments are settled. But if I get a green light for travel, Ill jump back in... and now back to the sidelines...an lurking the link. Thanks to all C-Dogs/C-Brats that have made this awesome boats and gatherings so damn fun. A large part of an over Blessed life on my end. Hope to see some of yall soon. Trying to get the VA to move...is not easy...and next, I may try walking across the wonderful Puget Sound Waters! Cheers my friends!
Byrdman...just outside of Music City on the Cumberland River...

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: