The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cost of Full Camperback
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While in Friday Harbor, I am happy to give tours of my patio umbrella. Costs $5 in a thrift shop. Laughing

Martin.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridma wrote:
While in Friday Harbor, I am happy to give tours of my patio umbrella. Costs $5 in a thrift shop. Laughing

Martin.

I went that route once, when I wanted shade but didn't want the restriction of a full biminni and the interference it generates for fishing.

Had it dropped into a piece of PVC pipe attached to the rear of the cockpit.

Once I forgot to collapse it when I took off to change fishing positions.

At somewhere between 15-20 mph it rose up just like the great airfoil it is, and whent straight up, did a somersault or two, and crashed back down to athe lake to join the Davey Jones Locker Parade.

Mary Poppins should have looked so good! Laughing

Live and learn!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Ships Pointer

City/Region: Fanny Bay
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: full back camper Reply with quote

ghone wrote:
I did mine with Bimini first and add on side and back panels later. Same guy did the whole thing. All custom to our specs. 1" ss tubing and fittings on quick release bases. About $3,300 all told. I did as Bob suggests. Lots of clear in back windows and less in sides.
This is for a 22 so 25 may be a bit more. Great addition to the boat
George

Hi there - I’ve recently acquired a 22’ Cruiser that has a camper back however it does not have side or back panels (with widows or screens). I notice that you live in Nanaimo and worked with a local supplier. I live in Fanny Bay and am looking for a local service that can fabricate panels. (I’m also new to boating and am just getting the lay of the land at this point). Can you recommend anyone in our area?

I appreciate you input/guidance

Cheers
Ian
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: full back camper Reply with quote

Ships Pointer wrote:
ghone wrote:
I did mine with Bimini first and add on side and back panels later. Same guy did the whole thing. All custom to our specs. 1" ss tubing and fittings on quick release bases. About $3,300 all told. I did as Bob suggests. Lots of clear in back windows and less in sides.
This is for a 22 so 25 may be a bit more. Great addition to the boat
George

Hi there - I’ve recently acquired a 22’ Cruiser that has a camper back however it does not have side or back panels (with widows or screens). I notice that you live in Nanaimo and worked with a local supplier. I live in Fanny Bay and am looking for a local service that can fabricate panels. (I’m also new to boating and am just getting the lay of the land at this point). Can you recommend anyone in our area?

I appreciate you input/guidance

Cheers
Ian

Good Morning Ian,

George does live in Nanaimo, I believe a live aboard currently, but sold KerriOn about a year ago, and moved back to the blow boats. I think he peeks in here (very) occasionally so he might answer, but there are several other Vanc Island C-BRATS who may be able to help out. Glad to see you here, C-BRATS is a pretty great place for any/everything C-Dory.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

steveandreina

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: no name yet
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropped off my 23" Adventure at King Marine Canvas in Seattle this morning to get the full camper back made and installed.. costing me in approx. 3500.00.. Ill report on what I think about it in a week or two..
croakz

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Jolly Blue
Photos: Jolly Blue
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveandreina wrote:
Just dropped off my 23" Adventure at King Marine Canvas in Seattle this morning to get the full camper back made and installed.. costing me in approx. 3500.00.. Ill report on what I think about it in a week or two..

Hi steveandreina,

What do you think about your full camper back from King Marine? Thanks.

- tom
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

croakz wrote:
steveandreina wrote:

Hi steveandreina,

What do you think about your full camper back from King Marine? Thanks.

- tom

steveandreina last post was shortly after the abc e quote, and asking if one could tow with the camper back up--the answer is "NO".

I have had two camper backs from King Canvas. One was a decent cover. The other I didn't have time to have one made locally and ordered on from King. The quality was just not there. You may wish to talk to them, and specify what you want.

Tenara thread lasts much longer--costs more $$. A quality clear vinyl will cost more than cheap rolled material. You want zip out clear vinyl, or at least U shaped smileys, so you can roll or otherwise support the side panels to allow ventilation.

If you want custom work it will cost more, but you best would leave the boat with t hem, for fitting.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: