BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW- Canon 12X36 image stabilizer 'knockers' as my young nephew use to call them, has held up very well over the past 10 years. Takes 2 AA batteries and used every day to spot Eagles, boats, etc.

I would buy again

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the Fuji 14x40 IS binocs for a few years now. I don't use them all the time but I keep the readily accessible and do use them frequently. Yes, they are big and heavy, but the image stabilization is superb and the image quality is also. I have used them to watch birds, boats and wildlife. All the reasons I am out on the water.

Bought new they were close to a boat unit, but with some points racked up at B&H they were worth it AND they come in a Pelican case. They are worth the money and even better if you can find them on a good deal.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of Fujinon 10x50. Even with my employee discount at Captain's Nautical Supplies, they were expensive. 30 years later, I now know that they were a bargain. They are in better shape than this pair (which may be another bargain for somebody). https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujinon-fuji-MTRC-7-x-50-Binoculars-GREAT-BUY/123580724202?hash=item1cc5fc33ea:g:wFgAAOSwHEZcFAeb:rk:15:pf:0&LH_ItemCondition=3000

At the time, they were about the best night time light gathering binos available. Guests on board are still impressed. They are big, and on a CD 16 they seem kind of monstrous. The field of view is big enough so that I can't see too much advantage in stabilizing binos. Also, with an enclosed helm and a heater, maybe I don't shiver enough to need stabilizing binos.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: