The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Lake Powell and Lake Mead in March
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never used to give much thought about mice,but after watching a show about the Hanta Virus it changed my view of them. After a season where they thrived ,people were dying ,CDC was called in tied it into the rodents. Seems they urinate around their travels,if you sweep up and it becomes airborn you can get it. Rats carry all kinds of stuff with their fleas,even bubonic plague. Now if we go to a cabin or somewhere with mouse droppings ,use bleach and masks to clean,or if too much don't stay there.
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. We were at Powell in '13 in early March. Very beautiful, not many boats out. Lots of room to park. We had several calm days and one day of 35 knots on the way back to Wawheap. Then a day of 72F and that night it snowed 4 inches! Pictures in my album. Great trip but be prepared for anything. Enjoy
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. It sounds as if Lake Powell is the best option, and we should bring mousetraps and frisbees! Laughing
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to planning the trip and deciding where to go in Lake Powell!
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several people were talking about mice coming on board when I was at Lake Powell this year. I didn't have vermin protectors, but I did smooth the sand all around my land line and checked for tracks in the morning. Nothing. BUT, I looked closely where we had sat in deck chairs the night before. Lots and lots of cute little footprints. To quote Mr. Jinx, "I hates meeses to pieces."

As for winter boating on Lake Powell, be aware that mice do not hibernate. They just get hungrier.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nickolson

State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:
Several people were talking about mice coming on board when I was at Lake Powell this year. I didn't have vermin protectors, but I did smooth the sand all around my land line and checked for tracks in the morning. Nothing. BUT, I looked closely where we had sat in deck chairs the night before. Lots and lots of cute little footprints. To quote Mr. Jinx, "I hates meeses to pieces."

As for winter boating on Lake Powell, be aware that mice do not hibernate. They just get hungrier.

Mark

The worst thing here, that you just can't scatter mice traps around your boat. All you can do is just apply chemical repellent on the important pieces of your equipment and leave some ultrasonic devices for the night. It is said here these ones are good for indoor use, but I don't see why you shouldn't try it on your boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: