The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Mercury Outboard Air Filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Mercury Outboard Air Filter Reply with quote

I have the 2007 Mercury 115 EFI 4-Stroke Outboard engine. I recently learned that the air filter has been superceeded and the new one is mostly just a screen, as opposed to the older one that had a filter material. Several years back, while changing the filter, I noticed the filter material on the old one was sticky and coming apart. I ordered a new filter for $90 (rediculous pricing), and since then I just continue to use the two filters, alternating each year. I replaced the filter material on both of them with a uni brand material. (Same type material, but seems to hold up much better.) I use special cleaner to clean the material, and then reoil with filter oil. However, while checking into buying a new filter, I see Mercury/Quicksilver has done away with the filter material and now use just a screen in it's place. Doing some more googling, sounds like others had the disentigrating sticky filter material, so I suspect this new filter with just the screen material is due to that fact. Anyone else know anything about the Mercury Air Filters? Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: