c-dory 22 Center Console
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toliver

C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Cat's Morale
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Not yet Reply with quote

There is a port to get to sending unit. Not sure about seating on tank. you may be able to get to it through the bilge from the stern but did not look that far up.

For the hull it would be nice to have the fuel tank weight more centered on the boat. The tank port is just under the leaning post.

Have not pulled trigger... price is at the high end of the market. Means there are a lot of boat options at price point. If I felt I was getting fair price I could pass along to the next guy I would buy. Trying not to over spend and lose $ just for towing it home Smile

There is a nice Mako swimming around out there that has my eye as well.
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in a very similar position, although not running a business. We sold our 22' cruiser, recently moved to the coast of Georgia and now shopping around here for something to get back into boating and fishing.

One really popular boat around here is the Carolina C-Skiff, Ive been seeing these everywhere in a variety of sizes but most common seems to be around 19-20 foot. Seems to be a pretty wide stable boat.

We are seriously considering a Parker or Boston Whaler center console in the 20-25 range. The fit and finish of these brands seems high quality. Unfortunately I can't pull the trigger until im totally sure I don't want another cabin boat. We love to camp on the boat, but im just not sure we'll be comfortable inside that cabin in the heat. What Id really like is a 255 TomCat with a AC unit on top but I've got a feeling my wife would not go for that kind of expense.

toliver

C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: Cat's Morale
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Georgia Coastal Boat Reply with quote

Where in Georgia?

So Yes, you know what your doing but my advise to anyone looking to fish, play and have fun on South East coast is to get a 17" Boston Whaler Montauk.

Our water is shallow here. Fishing for reds with 2-3 guys up skinny marsh on 17 is very doable.

And having a manageable boat to pull up onto a sand bar and play for the day is a lot of fun. And you can get one for a great price. Plenty to choose from too.

East coast has good deals on c-dory 22 cruiser. I would like one but "Boat camping" is different for us here in Florida. Much different than Pacific Northwest or Alaska Smile C-dorys here have AC units on roof. Picture c-dory cabin in 97+ degree summer months.... it is not un-doable, but I know It would not be as practical for me as it was in Alaska.

So if I was not looking for a personal boat I can also run customers with the Carolina skiff .... of any size 16-21 is a great buy. It is about the "most boat" for the money you can get around here while still being very versatile while being a great fishing boat and family fun boat. As you look around at the boat ramps you will see these boats going in and out all day long. If you are looking in the $15k-$20K range it is hard to beat. There are solid clean newer hulls with lower hours motors out there.
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in Richmond Hill. There's water everywhere and it's hard not having a boat.

We came down here thinking we would do a similar kind of lifestyle in our boat, staying for days at a time on it, exploring and fishing. People tell me you don't do that kindof a thing here, the sand gnats will eat you alive while your sleeping.

We're still trying to learn what the perfect boat for us will be. A pilothouse boat will have to have a big A/C unit on top, running a generator. It all sounds complicated. The simplicity of a center console is making sense down here. Its a different world. We are loving it but, we sill have a lot to learn.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of C Dory 22's on the East and Gulf Coast. We do year around boating, During the day, the C Dory gives great sun protection, and as long as you are moving, or there is wind, it is as cool as an CC (I own a CC 18 foot Caracal-- Carolina Cat we use for fishing and running around day trips. The reason for the cat is that we can have some considerable chop in Perdido Bay, and runs faster than the c Dory),

For "Cruising" most of the year it is fine at night, but as summer comes around, we use the 5,000 BTU "Aire King" from Wal Mart in the front cabin window, and the EU 1000I Honda generator, at night. (Unless there is substantial breeze--then we use a "Wind scoop", as we used all thru the Caribbean and Mexico for years (no AC) in the sailboats.i)

Our own Marc Grove at Wefings is the Feature article in Soundings Trade Only:
Dealer finds success with Pilothouse boats
Unfortunately the Rosborough boats are featured, with only a mention of C Dory, but the tag line was Pilot house boats successful

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
taggteam

City/Region: Franklinville
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Center Console
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: 22 Center Console Reply with quote

Well...after lurking for a bit here...and trying to do as much research as possible, I've ofund that this is about the only thread I've seen on the 22CC C-Dory.

It looks like I'll be making an offer on a low hour 2008....will report back.....

Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS
taggteam

City/Region: Franklinville
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Center Console
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought her.....2008...I believe hull #3 of 12 built. 94 hours on the clock....
need cushions for the bow seats if anyone might have a set....doubtful, i know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: