Lights and Fuel Tanks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rattlesnake

City/Region: Lake Winnipesaukee
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Broad View
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Lights and Fuel Tanks Reply with quote

Hi, a couple of quick questions. I am having a hard time finding a new mast head light. The usual places don't have lights with the correct connection. Am I being stupid? I have e-mailed C-Dory but no response.
I have a 2006 19ft Angler. I was wondering if people replace the fuel takes. They are plastic and seem fine, just wondering. With the northeast season winding down now would be the time to consider major winter upgrades. Thanks.
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lights and Fuel Tanks Reply with quote

Rattlesnake wrote:
Hi, a couple of quick questions. I am having a hard time finding a new mast head light. The usual places don't have lights with the correct connection. Am I being stupid? I have e-mailed C-Dory but no response.
I have a 2006 19ft Angler. I was wondering if people replace the fuel takes. They are plastic and seem fine, just wondering. With the northeast season winding down now would be the time to consider major winter upgrades. Thanks.

Look to perko for lights? Unless someone drilled a hole in your tanks why would you replace? & All plastics are not plastic. Your boat is also "PLASTIC"
Have a good one!!

Wink
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have 2 or 3 connectors in the base of the fitting to hold your anchor and 360* navigation white light. This may be the time to upgrade to LED anchor and running lights.

Fuel tanks should not need replacing. The aluminum tanks are far more likely to corrode and fail than the roto-molded plastics.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: lights and fuel tank Reply with quote

I have a 2005 19ft angler. I bought my replacement on amazon. It is a Perko 1209 dp 2 chr 24". It came with a base also, in case I wanted to change mine.

Richard
anchorout

City/Region: Lake Charles
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: EZ DUZIT
Photos: EZ DUZIT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: running lights Reply with quote

Be careful. I ordered a replacement for my anchor/running light mast. When I plugged it into the old fitting, the fuse holder simi -melted and melted wires all the way to the light. (No, it was not overfused. Can't explain why this happened unless the holder was faulty.) The reason the light shorted in the first place was that the old holder had one contact in the base of the connector. The new mast had a connector with two contacts. When I plugged the mast in, and it fit perfectly, it shorted the 12 volts straight to ground. If you buy both base and mast you won't have to worry with this problem.
naziman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with checking parts on amazon. I found for mine pretty quick, if you can't try ebay for parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: