The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

FUEL TANK AND SYSTEM..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnd

City/Region: DEMING
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: NOTAYOT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: FUEL TANK AND SYSTEM.. Reply with quote

I HAVE A 2006 C-DORY WITH 26 GALLON TANKS HOOKED TO A FILTER SYSTEM AND A FUEL LINE GOING TO A BULB THEN A HONDA 90.

I TOOK THE HONDA PLUG OFF OF THE END, PUMPED TILL I GOT FLOW INTO A FUEL CAN LOWER THAN THE TANK, IT TRICKLES A BIT A CEASES.. SEEMS FAMILIAR, BUT NOT FROM THAT HOSE..

I HAVE USED THIS METHOD SUCCESSFULLY ON OTHER BOATS, WHAT AM I MISSING, (BESIDES THE CAP BUTTON?) SORRY BUT I USE IT MOST OF THE TIME SO I CAN SEE IT. IF SOMEONE IS OFFENDED, I AM SORRY..

IDEAS?

THANKS, ALL CAPS john

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you may want to delete one of the two identical threads to condense the responses.

There should be a fuel filter--ideally a Racor--between the tanks and the final hose to the engine. Does the engine run OK? There is an "anti siphon valve on each tank fuel "draw" pipe. That may restrict flow. The fuel selector valve may not be properly indexed--and provide some resistance. There are valves in the squeeze valve which provide resistance to fuel flow.

I have removed fuel from my tanks using an automotive fuel pump (I also have a fuel polishing Racor filter on the rig--since I use it to remove water and particulate mater from fuel tanks.

Either you can try and pump it out with the squeeze primer bulb, see if it improves after you check all of the above components, remove the primer bulb once you get fuel flowing or rig a fuel pump,

With a pump, I use a 20 gallon per hour pump from Auto Zone. It is mounted on a separate board, and has several feet of 3/8" hose, with adaptors to fit the fuel hose of the boat. It has its own battery and I use an ignition proof switch to turn the fuel pump on. (IF you use all of this in the boat--you should use an ignition proof fuel pump (much more expensive).

Your tanks are probably a little less than 26 gallons...unless you have found a label on them so stating. There were 18 gallon tanks, 23 and 25 gallon tanks.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Notayot

State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Notayot (sold 2/2018)
Photos: Notayot
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I used that same system, just as you described to empty both tanks at the end of season. There is enough "extra" fuel line between the filter and the line end such that you can pull it out and over the transom and down into an empty gas can. It trickles since you have not extended the fuel line enough to be a foot or more below the fuel tank. Lowering the can and fuel line will allow you to empty both tanks, one at a time. This way there is never "old" fuel left in the tank at the end of boating season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: