View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat.jack

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-renity
Photos: C-renity
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Selling C-Renity Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
Unfortunately my wife Pat and I have decided to sell our 22' 2003 C-Dory cruiser. We were recently in a serious car accident with our tow vehicle. Luckily, no one was seriously injured but we decided not to replace the tow vehicle. We haven't been using the boat as much as we had planned. So, it is time to make it available for someone else to enjoy. I've been in contact with Marc Grove at Welfings to list our boat. We'll be making arrangements to have the boat towed down to Florida. We plan to post the boat at a price that should hopefully make it sell quickly.

Special thanks to all the C-Brats who have willingly provided us with great insight and help on these great boats. In particular, thanks to Steve Baum for his patience in sharing some of his great boating knowledge and experience with me. Also, to Dr. Bob for posting so many detailed pictures in his album. I've been using his album as my personal resource before making repairs and upgrades to our boat.

There are some pictures of the boat on our album. I realize there aren't many pictures of the interior. We'll try to add some before it heads to Florida.

If you're interested here are some details on the boat:
22' 2003 Cruiser, green trim, 90 HP Honda (750 hours on engine - starts and runs like new), Load Rite single-axle trailer with surge brakes. Since we've owned the boat in 2011 it has only been in fresh water.

Options that came with boat when we purchased it:
cockpit flat floor
swim step
Lenovo trim tabs
compass
VHF Standard Horizon radio
Garmin chart plotter/depth sounder model 541S

Upgrades and Improvements we've made:
30 A shore power with Marinco 35' cable (twist lock)
Xantrex/Schneider True Charge 2 20A onboard (smart )battery charger
3 onboard a/c convenience outlets
Paneltronics auxiliary ac and dc breaker boxes
Added second bilge pump at stern sump and upgraded original bilge pump (Rule 500)
Bilge pumps include water witch automatic operation with manual override
New foam and Sunbrella covers for all seats/berth
Full camper back, Sunbrella canvas (includes zipper windows and privacy panels and screens)
Shakespeare (external) VHF antenna w/ss mount
Removed and replaced entire steering system with NFB steering (Teleflex)
Upgraded rub rail to address rivet failures, a known C-Dory design flaw. New fasteners are all stainless steel
Upgraded lazerette covers to address known design flaw
Refinished interior teak trim
New, never used porta potty
Norcold ac/dc refrigerator
Garelick cockpit/boarding steps (Significantly eases entry and exit off the boat)
Removed alcohol stove and replaced with ceramic tile counter
In addition to the onboard fuel tanks, includes a 6 Gal Moeller external tank, with the Honda fuel adapter
Surge brakes added for Load Rite trailer
Spare tire and bracket for trailer
Two new tires for trailer
new table leg for dinette table

We've made other numerous repairs such as new starter battery, new battery selector switch and many other items. Since we kept the boat docked for the summer we've added bottom paint.

Boat has been professionally stored and serviced each year of ownership.
Annual maintenance always included oil change, filter change, oil/water separator and other routine service such as spark plugs and any other required service.
Engine service only by an authorized Honda marine dealer.

If you have any question, let us know.
Jack Howell[/b]
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure sorry to hear about your accident, but glad nobody was seriously injured. At some point we all have to make the decision to do some changing in our lives and lifestyles. I hope this one go well for you.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

pat.jack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harvey. Having to replace our tow vehicle just pushed us to make the decision. Our boating season up here is relatively short, and it turns out we have lots of other activities that take our time during the summer. As you said, the important thing is my wife and I walked away from it-after a stop at the Emergency room! Luckily, no issues after they checked my wife. Air bags deployed, so our 2017 Dodge Durango is a total loss. Now we just have to deal with the fallout from that, and find a replacement car for my wife.
Regards,
Jack
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I'm sorry to hear the reason you're selling, but I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. A crash like that is still a hell of a thing to have happen. I hope new owners appreciate and love your boat as much as you have, and that you continue to keep in touch on this site.
pat.jack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Catman, I appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes. I do plan to stay in touch on this site. It is a great forum, and I have learned a lot about boating from reading posts here, and from listening to others.
I certainly don't want to experience another car accident like we had, air bags deploying are not something I would recommend. It's nice to know they are there to prevent serious injury, but I would not recommend the experience.
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: