The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Suzuki DF140 3-2 map sensor alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westie

City/Region: Bodega Bay
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: True North
Photos: Westie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Suzuki DF140 3-2 map sensor alarm Reply with quote

Hi
I have a Suzuki DF140 that is giving me a 3-2 map sensor alarm. I took the cowling off and it stopped last weekend after a quick google search. I thought the wind was maybe blowing a little exhaust back and that caused it...wrong!

It happened again today and I couldn't get it to reset. There must be an issue. Anyone have advice?

I don't see any corrosion. The exhaust manifold and the MAP sensor seem perfect. I was planning to pull the sensor off tomorrow and see if that helps. The engine performance is fine.

I do need to replace the fuel/water separator as that seem to make a vacuum in the gas line but I don't think the to are connected.

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Suzuki DF140 3-2 map sensor alarm Reply with quote

Westie wrote:
Hi
I have a Suzuki DF140 that is giving me a 3-2 map sensor alarm. Anyone have advice?

Look in the service Manual for your motor, there will be a trouble shooting section. Or by a service manual for your motor. Or take it to your favorite Suzuki dealer?

Good luck with your project Smile
spuncopper

City/Region: Camden/ Lake Wateree
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sock Monkey
Photos: Sock Monkey
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Suzuki DF 140 Reply with quote

Hey Westie,

My SELCO manual indicates, as you stated, a 3-2 , is Map Sensor 2 (Sensor Hose). It also states: Fail safe system activating: No.

Under Note 2 it states: The condition will be caused by disconnected, kinked or clogged MAP sensor hose or clogged inlet manifold gas filter.

Hope this helps.

Take care and be safe. Spuncopper
Westie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the MAP Sensor 2 off today. It was super clean.

I ran the engine and figured out that if the alarm goes off, pump the ball (each time it was empty), and it would go off. I'm not thinking the issue is a clogged fuel filter. I plan to change the rule/water separator next weekend. I'm jumping to that as the root cause because it wasn't been changed in a while.

Open thoughts?

The 3-2 alarm only goes off at idle or trolling. Could it be a low pressure filter?
Westie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I found my issue! I have the dreaded Suzuki pre-2008 exhaust corrosion issue. Exhaust is leaking from a very corroded engine holder plug and getting sucked into my air intake.

I hope to patch this temporarily with JB weld at the dock....not sure if thats possible given my man hands but I'll be trying this weekend. I will pull out and bring to a welder to replace the corroded steel plug with aluminum once the salmon bite slows down.

Just wanted to leave an update if others run across this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: