The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Stearing rod is seized in steering tube. Hydraulic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hull#1

City/Region: Steilacoom
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: No Worries
Photos: Hull #1 Venture 23
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Stearing rod is seized in steering tube. Hydraulic Reply with quote

Good Afternoon

My steering rod is seized in my steering tube and could use some help. I have tried to pound on the end a bit but south the bracket in there attaching it to the hydroilc steering I don’t want to pound it to much. Have tried some penetrating oil and vise grips on the bracket to wiggle it but no dice. I was thinking about a tourch but not sure if it could same the internals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a Honda 50 and the steering is baystar.

Thanks Doug

Don’t see how I can attach photo from phone but will do that when I get home. Thanks [/img]

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Stearing rod is seized in steering tube. Hydraulic Reply with quote

hull#1 wrote:
Good Afternoon

My steering rod is seized in my steering tube and could use some help. I have tried to pound on the end a bit but south the bracket in there attaching it to the hydroilc steering I don’t want to pound it to much. Have tried some penetrating oil and vise grips on the bracket to wiggle it but no dice. I was thinking about a tourch but not sure if it could same the internals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a Honda 50 and the steering is baystar.

Thanks Doug

Don’t see how I can attach photo from phone but will do that when I get home. Thanks [/img]

Torch & Hyd. = Bad. A picture will speak a thousand words.
After re reading a couple times,
There isn't much in that baystar that can seize. I bet if you remove the baystar from your outboard you will find baystar is fine & the tube that your motor swings R&L on is seized. Torch will make the plastic bushings in there leak out. There are 2 grease fittings on that tube also you might try, might be to late for grease. let us know?
Good luck!!

Beer Beer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: