The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

NMEA 2000 Interface Mercury Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: NMEA 2000 Interface Mercury Engines Reply with quote

I have a 2007 Mercury 115 EFI 4-stroke. I am probably going to install a NMEA 2000 system backbone on my boat for connecting a plotter with an autopilot. Since my GPSMAP can show engine data via the NMEA 2000 network, I'm wondering if my outboard already has a method for transferring the smartguage data into the 2000 system. Has anyone already done this, and what parts did you need to do so? Colby
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMEA 2000 Interface Mercury Engines
http://www.boemarine.com/boe-marine-blog/nmea2000-for-your-engine/

Evinrude - The new Etec motos from Evinrude are all NMEA2000 Compatible. They will use the Evinrude version of the EP-20 Cable from Lowrance. One end of this cable will connect to a plug under the engine cowling. The other end will plug into a T Connector on your NMEA2000 Network. Like Yamaha and Suzuki, a Lowrance display must be used to configure the EP-20. The cheapest Lowrance display is the LMF200. Once the EP-20 is configured you can pull the display off the baot if you don't want to mount it. Of course, if you already have Lowrance electronics you can use one of your main displays instead.

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this thread back to life. I currently have the Ray Marine network backbone, that I installed with the RayMarine Autopilot. However, I also have Garmin electronics, and am now wanting to find a way to connect my 2007 Mercury 4 stroke EFI 115hp outboard into the system so I can read it's specifics on my Garmins Gauge page. I probably should have just installed a Garmin backbone to begin with, but at the time made more sense to use RayMarine and Garmin adapters (more Ray Marine connections that Garmin.) Has anyone found a way to hook up the Mercury outboards to their chartplotter via a RayMarine backbone for this information? Also, I have heard of a box that can be installed at the engine, using bluetooth to connect the data with one's chartplotter also. This might be a better way of doing it, as one can also get apps on their smartphone or tablet to read the data as well. Colby
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.actisense.com/products/nmea-2000/ngw1.html

ask them

convert Seatalk to 183 then 2000

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: