City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordutch1975 wrote:
It took me a while to learn how to use the trim tabs - I feel pretty confident now. I find I use them in conjunction with engine tilt - I played a lot with them when I got them - I agree with the last post they can be freaky depending on conditions - just don’t go flying with them deployed till you get the dynamics of them. Also I tend to ask my passengers to let me know when they move about the cab. With trim tabs deployed they(passengers) can vastly alter how the boat handles.

Good idea, as passengers moving about "can vastly alter how the boat handles" even without trim tabs.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't getting good reception on the VHF weather channel in Kyuquot Sound, so I asked a guide if he had heard. He pulled out his cell phone and gave me the report. I hadn't even thought about that. The local native community had a cell tower, so all of the internet weather sites were available and they are just a repeat of NOAA weather.

For Columbia Gorge weather, type the local zip code into Willy Weather (97058) and you've got the wind report and current conditions. Right now, you don't want to be out on Monday evening. Wednesday looks good.

https://wind.willyweather.com/or/wasco-county/the-dalles.html

There are probably windsurfer websites that go into even more detail. Wind is now the economic engine of the Gorge.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: