The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cabin Water Drain System Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkendrick

City/Region: White Stone
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nickel 'N' Dymer
Photos: Nickel 'N' Dymer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Cabin Water Drain System Problems Reply with quote

3 hoses (2 of which are the hot water heater and shower) leading into the cabin water drain system’s plastic box have snapped/broken totally off the intake ports molded to the outside of the box, leaving some of the inlet ports inside the hose. Does any know where I can get a new box?

Does anyone know how this might have happened? The boat is winterized each year, and obviously we don’t use the hot water heater or shower or we would have discovered this issue sooner. Could cold weather cause this? Is this a common problem or am I just one of the not-so-lucky ones?

I have a picture but cannot remember how to download it onto CBrats. I can email it or text it if I have that information.

Thanks for help with this and past problems. Would really be lost without CBrats.

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cabin Water Drain System Problems Reply with quote

mkendrick wrote:

3 hoses (2 of which are the hot water heater and shower) leading into the cabin water drain system’s plastic box have snapped/broken totally off the intake ports molded to the outside of the box, leaving some of the inlet ports inside the hose. Does any know where I can get a new box?

Does anyone know how this might have happened? The boat is winterized each year, and obviously we don’t use the hot water heater or shower or we would have discovered this issue sooner. Could cold weather cause this? Is this a common problem or am I just one of the not-so-lucky ones?

I have a picture but cannot remember how to download it onto CBrats. I can email it or text it if I have that information.

Thanks for help with this and past problems. Would really be lost without CBrats.

Shower box drain = West Marine Wink

Need to put rv antifreeze in the shower drain also Wink
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are multiple shower box drains--check google, and you will find Rule (original) Johnson, Seaflow, Atwood, Amarine etc. Be sure that the dimensions are the same as yours, or it will fit--start at $49...Be sure you get a gasket top unit, so no overflow. Also good to have a float switch to come one when the water is in the sump. You could also repair the box you have, by putting plastic thru hull fittings thru those holes, and "welding" or epoxy (G FlexI) the plastic. But I don't think it is worth it.

I prefer to get all water out of the system, but I also try and avoid freezing temps...

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
spuncopper

City/Region: Camden/ Lake Wateree
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sock Monkey
Photos: Sock Monkey
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: shower drain box Reply with quote

Check with Defender Marine Outfitter out of Waterford Ct. 800-628-3336, www.defender.com.
spuncopper

City/Region: Camden/ Lake Wateree
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sock Monkey
Photos: Sock Monkey
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: shower drain box Reply with quote

Oops, double post. Twitchy finger maybe? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: