The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2006 C Dory 22, 90 hp Honda Trailer; $38,000, Florida

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: 2006 C Dory 22, 90 hp Honda Trailer; $38,000, Florida Reply with quote

Thisaway has served us well for 6 1/2 years. Time to move to a C Dory 25

2006 C Dory 22 for sale for $38,000 Fully loaded, Location Pensacola FL.

Engine: 2006 Honda 4 stroke 90 HP with 438 hours, most in fresh water (Powell, St. John’s River, My home canal is fresh. The boat was in the upper Chesapeake Bay until 2011. It had less than 100 hours at that time on the engine. Yearly oil change and lower unit lubricant. Includes 3 props—sea level 15” pitch 3700’ 13” pitch and 7,000’ 11” pitch. Spare nut and cotter pins. Spare filters for Racor.

Trailer: Sport Trail tandem axle, capacity 7000#. Electric over hydraulic brakes. Sport Trail is the premier trailer builder on the Gulf coast. There will be all new tires on the trailer.

Hull: black trim, waxed 2x a year. Kept under full Angola Canvas Sunbrella cover when not used. (cleaned and treated with 303 for fabric last year)

Cockpit: Removable Floor boards give a flat floor, without trapped water or the inability to clean under. The Lazarette hatches have been upgraded to ones which do not leak. Fuel tanks are 25 gallon each. Extra cleat inboard below gunnel at the forward end of cockpit. Kicker bracket is heavy duty. Fish cutting board included, with brackets on both sides.

Deck—still has original deck pipe for anchor rode. Lewmar Windlass, with 200’ of 1/2” nylon and 20 feet of G4 chain. Spare rodes and chain for all anchors: Delta 14#, Manson Boss 10#, Guardian (Fortress) #6, and West Marine Danforth 8#.
Extra cleats at the side of the deck for snubbers and ease of docking. Original midline cleat retained.

Garhauer Crane Davit to lift dinghy (dinghy not included) onto roof, and second position in cockpit to hoist heavy objects aboard (could include MOB).

V berth—standard. Under the cushions and side walls 1/2" closed cell pads to prevent condensation. Canvas anchor locker petition. The anchor locker floor was leveled, made sure it did not leak and that the hole was properly aligned for drainage. There are fans at the head of each side. All interior lights have been converted to LED. There is an extra “reading light” over the port bunk. There are hammocks and gear bags on each side. There is bungee cord for storage of 3 Eagle Creek packing cubes on each side. There is a roll out shade over the forward hatch. There is no see em net over the hatch. Extra 12 volt outlets.

Galley: Wallas, low hours and had been checked by Scan Marine before installation (probably never used prior to 2012). Water foot pump, and electric pump. 20 gallon water tank. Storage for plates, cups and glasses on cabinet door. Teak divider back of galley counter and at table. Will include dual control, dual chamber ((26 Qt. Small Zone / 34 Qt. Large Zone) capacity) Whytner Freezer (0 to 20*) Refer (34 to 45*)—or two freezer/2 refer as you desire. This runs on 12 V DC or 120 V AC, automatic switching.

Electrical: 2 group 31 AGM DuraCell batteries. Blue Seas ACR combines for charging. Upgraded Mastervolt 20 amp battery charger.. Xantrex Link 10 lite, dual battery monitor voltage, house State of charge, amps out, amps used, and voltage. Anchor and all interior lights LED. LED cockpit and aft light. Led foredeck light. LED Floodlight forward for docking. Dual electric windshield wipers. Wired for multiple extra cigarette lighter plugs. red lights: nigh light bathes the entire main cabin. Red chart light, and combo red/white light over helm seat. extra reading LED overhead light at aft dinette seat.

120 V AC system with outlet under forward galley, and aft dinette seat. Uses heavy duty 15 amp extension cord, 30 amp adaptor included.

Full screens. Opening window cabin door. Full interior side and aft window curtains (Sunbrella) and external windshield cover.

Covers: Full boat cover, cockpit slant cover, and full camper canvas, Bimini (recently cleaned and treated with 303 for fabric. Clear vinyl windows and insect screens by King Canvas.

Electronics: Uiden VHF, Standard Horizone VHF, AIS receiver, and loud hailer/fog horn. Garmin 1040sx, (includes all charts of US and Canada), CHIRP, Down Scan, and conventional. , 740s (charts and conventional depth), Garmin 540 interfaced to show AIS targets. Radar Garmin HD, can be displayed on the 10” or 7” Garmin MFD. Dual Stereo, AM/FM and stereo input, with extra power supply on shelf for i pad, Sirius etc.(not included)
Richie compass on center line.

Air conditioner: window portable, 5,000 BTU runs from Honda EU 1000 (not included). Also small ceramic heater, will run off EU 1000 at low setting, which is plenty for down into the 30’s.

Other equipment: safety pack, 4 life jackets, dock lines and 5 good fenders.

The boat has been well cared for. Full everything out of the boat at least once a year cleaning. Each time we were not using the boat, fuel tanks were drained, and only ethanol free gas was used. This is one of the best equipped 22’s around. Ready to go, just bring bedding and food.

More photos in next installment.

Send Private Message to Thataway.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
thataway

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos of "Thisway" details. We had planned on keeping her the rest of our boating lives, but for health and comfort reasons we have moved on to another 25' C Dory.

Port side looking forward:

Starboard side looking forward:

Bow with scuff Guard SS:

Heavy duty kicker bracket and dual transducers (down Scan CHIRP, and conventional:

Garhaur Davit for hoisting dinghy

Anchor locker notification:

Shade, under fore hatch, velcro for no see em net, hammock and bungee cord for packing cubes:

thataway

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main cabin shelf houses two VHF radios, both have hailer, fog horn functions, hailer horn on top of cabin. There is 12 volt outlet for charging I pod for stereo. Hand grips (towel line) ropes:

Three Garmin MFD: 7" 10" and 5" 5" is chart and AIS. 10" is Radar, Charts (All US, including inland and lakes, Canada (I believe). Down scan and CHIRP. 7" can display Radar, sounder and all charts.

Extra switch panel, for Radar, lighting, instruments etc--can be reached from the port bunk, to turn on nigh lights or deck lights at night.

Galley, Wallas diesel stove/heater, sink, foot pump and electric pump water, and teak rail for storage of galley gear. Teak plate and cup holder on door below. The stand off for the Crane Davit is removed when full cover is on, or when trailering.

Engine hours: 438.3 hours.

Aft door opening window, with screen.

thataway

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an offer, with survey and engine diagnostics scheduled. There is a back up offer in place.
Snider

City/Region: Charleston
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kestrel Dawn
Photos: Kestrel Dawn
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: oooh Reply with quote

oooh, where'd you get that window with a screen for the door? Or was it a factory option?
thataway

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening window and screen on the door was a factory option. I suspect that it was/is a Diamond Sea Glaze item. My 1993 boat also had this option. Then newer boats with a full glass door do not have this available. (unfortunately).
Snider

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks. I emailed Diamond Sea Glaze about the window adjuster I need and asked them about the window with screen for the door. I'm sure it will be prohibitively expensive, but at least I'll know. Good luck on the sale. I would have been all over your boat had I not bought one last month.
Snider

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry Mr. Austin I'm hijacking your thread. I see the boat comes with 3 props, do you mind explain what each different size is for? I have the same set-up. Curious about prop selection.

Also if your new owner isn't interested in that door with the screen I have one with glass I'll trade plus some cash Wink New window with screen is $1,000 :-0
Snider

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Nevermind Reply with quote

Nevermind, I understand now, smaller size for elevation, I missed that part at first.
Snider

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Nevermind Reply with quote

Nevermind, I understand now, smaller size for elevation, I missed that part at first.
thataway

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thisaway" is on the way to Washington, North Carolina (the same city we bought our 25 at about 3 weeks ago! We had a lovely cruise on Perdido Bay, a few whitecaps, enough to let Drew and Dorris, get some experience with chop, putting the bow down, and shouldering on... We had a great surveyor, and from a sellers prospective the survey was a pleasant experience. He had done his homework on the C Brat site, understood the boats and how they were used.

They are a great couple, who are the very type of folks that make the heart and soul of C Brats. We hope to see them on the water at some of our gatherings. At this time, the boat will remain "Thisaway". We always have a good feeling when one of our boats will go to folks who will use, enjoy and love them--this is certainly the case with this boat!

Thanks to all who enquired. As I explained to each; I take the people who contacts me in order. Now I can rest a day, and get back to working on the C Dory 25, "Thataway".
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: