The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CD 25. Seaweed For Sale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msgchef

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
Photos: Seaweed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: CD 25. Seaweed For Sale Reply with quote

I've got to say goodbye to Seaweed. It been short but fun and because of you fine folks very educational.

2007 25. Honda BF150, 295 hrs

Tons of mods, accessories and other customized features.

Easier to create a brochure and have you look at her there. Since it is too big, Please check out the attached link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb4v124n1rmkj8t/Seaweed%20C-DORY%20BROCHURE.pdf?dl=0

Thanks
Paul

But the best ships, are friendships,
And may they always be."

2015-2018 Seaweed
msgchef

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
Photos: Seaweed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Have I messed up? Reply with quote

Ok Brats
I need your collective sage advice as always.

When I researched pricing for selling Seaweed I found only several listings to guide me.

'96 for 49,500
'06 for 49,500
'07 for 75,000 however I didn't catch that he listed it here for 67,500. It has been sold but have no method of determining for how much.

There's not alot of 25's out there. Of course we all think ours is the best however, I am pragmatic enough to know that something is usually worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Recent feedback along with the lack of comments from the Brats seem to indicate that I might be overpriced.

I am soliciting some advice here so if anyone would like to share their thoughts either on the forum or direct pm to me, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Price Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
I am not going to respond in the open forum, since I am still interested in your boat. I am not well enough to travel up there. I will share with you, that I did think you were overpriced.

I am not sure if the well equipped and cared for boat in Fort Walton has been sold or taken off the market--it was a very clean boat--but I had some suspect that it may have had more hours than advertised. At one time it was advertised at $59,995 then increased to $64,000 thru the same dealer. I had discussed making an offer with the broker--but was not ready at that point--and then had to have surgery. He had hinted that the owner would probably take less than the $60,000. This was a 2005, but very clean, and well equipped--but without many of the neat features Ray added to your boat. (I read all of Ray's posts and your posts also).

The 2006 in Pensacola, is still for sale, for $49,900--and I don't think he has had any lookers even.

The one in VA I was told could be bought for $62,000, but I didn't want the built in AC--but it is also a good clean boat.
"
Today I was on the C Dory 25 "Sea Pearl. Bob and Betsy are completing the loop in Norfolk later this year--they did half from Norfolk to Columbus MI 7 years ago, and started back again in Columbus a little over a week ago--so they are moving fast... I don't know if they are gong to sell the boat after the loop--but it is a 2006 and very clean. They bought it used 6 months ago, just for the trip. I can ask what they were going to sell the boat for. It is really tricked out--also--and with a 150 Suzuki--which seems to be faster than the Honda's.

Often the boats don't sell fast. I sold my first 25 after a year advertising, in Calif--delivered it to Lake Powell, and had the trailer completely rebuilt, and all things tuned up, k etc complete with dinghy for about $52,500. But that was in 2008 or 9 (I believe).

I know that you would like to get out of it what you paid for the boat. That may or may not be possible. On my Tom Cat I sold it for considerably less than I paid for it--but I ordered it new, and put a lot of extra stuff of high quality on it.

I don't know if that helps or not.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Bob

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: cd-25 Reply with quote

i wonder why the CD-25 in Pensacola hasn't sold yet ?
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 25 in Pensacola is listed as sold on Myers website.

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looked at the 25 in Pensacola several times. The interior was not standard. There was a extra cabinet with drawers between the aft hanging locker and the dinette. The forward dinette seat did not "flip" to face forward. I had the impression that the seat was a little narrower, and lower than standard--but it may have only been the location.

The 135 hp engine had 1500 hours. I saw several items which concerned me in my inspection of the boat. I wanted a boat which would require minimal work to be ready to use, and lower hours on the power plant. I suspect that someone got a good buy.

There is another 25 which was listed in Pensacola at one time, and then moved to Legendary Marine in Fort Walton Beach. I believe that has sold also. We had looked at it--and it was a clean boat with extremely low engine hours. Being a 2005, it had the holding tank aft. It is rare to find a perfect boat. We felt that "Seaweed", now "Thataway" was the best boat for us.
Kpeters

City/Region: NJ
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Life Savor
Photos: Life Savor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: cd25 price Reply with quote

We recently (3 years ago) bought a 2005 cdory 25. It was 10 years old at time of purchase, had only 80hours on the 135hp honda, kept immaculate by owners We paid $53k. No fancy upgrades.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: