The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Byrdman's CD18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I have now bought this boat back from Clif. Will begin over with some more modifications. Will cut-n-paste some other post about this...on other current links. Bringing this hull back to the Pacific North West in July this year for some summer/fall boating/fishing/shrimping/crabbing and travels.
Damn, I miss ol Norm and our many calls and messages.

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fought her out of the barn and now for storage clean up and modifications to ready her for craving, shrimping and salmon fishing.
I feel like I should be able to deduct John at John’s as a dependent.
Thankfully some of the add ones I kept from rigging out ALOYSIOUS but I only Damon fished her so all the shrimping and crabbing gear was needed.
Out her for another week prior to heading back south east for a couple months working other projects
Busy year.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been asked to find this link where I had purchased and rebuilt the last 18' Angler made. I will more than likely be selling this hull once back up in the Puget Sound waters area in April time frame. Just too many fun times and laughs with Momma Byrd on board and ....with some help...found a nice CD-22Angler that may be a bit more size appropriate for my lifestyle and size.
Byrdman
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
Have been asked to find this link where I had purchased and rebuilt the last 18' Angler made. I will more than likely be selling this hull once back up in the Puget Sound waters area in April time frame. Just too many fun times and laughs with Momma Byrd on board and ....with some help...found a nice CD-22Angler that may be a bit more size appropriate for my lifestyle and size.
Byrdman

Patrick, I ran across a CD 18 at Boat Haven in Port Townsend last fall. Had me a bit confused at first. Wasn't a 16 and wasn't an 19. I had forgotten about the real 18's.

Hope we can cross wakes while you are in the area.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day Harvey! Have several balls up in the air down here in the SE this winter. Seems, short task turn to long task, appointments set in stone ….the move. So, no way I can make a Feb trip out to WA. Going tp be end of Mar or early Apr arrival this year. On the 18Angler, it is much larger working area than the 16 but not as much as the 22s. Never fished/shrimped/crabbed out of the back of a 19 so I can not compare... The 18 is a cool boat. Spring may present different emotional feelings once back on board. May just keep both boats. One for NW and the other for SE. Man does not live with one boat alone.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day Harvey! Have several balls up in the air down here in the SE this winter. Seems, short task turn to long task, appointments set in stone ….the move. So, no way I can make a Feb trip out to WA. Going tp be end of Mar or early Apr arrival this year. On the 18Angler, it is much larger working area than the 16 but not as much as the 22s. Never fished/shrimped/crabbed out of the back of a 19 so I can not compare... The 18 is a cool boat. Spring may present different emotional feelings once back on board. May just keep both boats. One for NW and the other for SE. Man does not live with one boat alone.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting C-Byrd up for sale in the Puget Sound waters area. This link followed the restoration of the last 18 Angler built by the Toland family in 1985. Not many of them are around. A bit more work to be done as always on a restoration. I was not happy with the stern fittings (2 plugs and a previous raw water hook up) so I removed them, drilled them out, epoxied them back in, caulked em in good. Still have not touched up bottom paint and fittings after replacement. Basically with current age and health I only need on C-Dory, and my new to me 22 Angler will allow me to complete the Great Loop, the inside Alaska Passage trip and day to day boating needs a bit more comfortable to extended cruising and living on board than the 18 would allow. Cheers to great time and great memories on our C-Dory boats.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Byrd sold and living in GA now... Ill miss her but an excited new owner who has done a marvelous job restoring a Camaro of the late 60s vintage.
I feel better about this as this special boat needs to be loved and used...not wrapped up and stored for 6 months of the year. Cheers to all the great time Momma Byrd and I had on this very special limited hull. A wicked cool boat. Buying her back did not get Mom back... and Mom as well as me would want her to belong to an owner who can and will enjoy her 12 months of the year.
The new owner has followed this boat and the refurbish and travel since Ive owner her....both times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: