View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziething

City/Region: Newport Beach
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Dory
Photos: Ziething
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Rod Holders on C Dory 16 Angler Reply with quote

Hello All, just curious to see what some others have done for rod storage on the 16 angler. I have a blank slate as for as that goes and trying to figure out the best option. Was thinking some side mount holders mounted to outside of cabin closest to deck?

Thanks-
Kyle
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a really good picture of just my rod holders. The previous owner put them on the sides of the splash well and they seem to be out of the way there. I tend to use them to hold folding hiking sticks used when going ashore. I have used them for rod holders and, when the rod is out, it also works fine for the net.

This is for rod storage when underway. The downrigger has a holder when fishing. I suppose it could be used for setting up a second pole off of the same downrigger. Maybe it could be angled towards the stern if is was used for fishing. This would also likely be the simplest and least expensive setup.

I don't have a boat bristling with rods. One always seems to be enough.

Mark

Here is a picture of the downrigger mount and you can get a glimpse of the rod holder just over the Scotty.

http://www.c-brats.com/albums/album2417/102_0713.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ziething

City/Region: Newport Beach
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Dory
Photos: Ziething
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Thank you for the photo and input. I was hoping to add storage for about six rods.

I have not posted many pictures yet but i have just installed a bait tank located on the spashwell where you have the rod holder.

I like all the modifications you have done, very nice work! Gives me some ideas for other items.

-Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: