The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Power Trailer Dolly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsy

City/Region: La Porte
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Gypsy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Power Dolly Reply with quote

It is slow and noisy but it solves the issue; works very well with our grade. I also use it occasionally freewheeling, like towing or pushing the C-Dory 25 trailer w/o the boat, then obviously I can go pretty fast - relatively (and noiseless).

The only issue I have had with it have been the push button contacts, that I had to disassemble, file and reassemble. So it is important to hold the push buttons firmly, to avoid pitting them, anyhow it will happen eventually, so you will need a little maintenance, as well as some grease in the chain, but they have videos for this maintenance issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So After nearly 5 years with the Trailer Valet manually powered jack, I am tired of cranking so low to the ground and the unit struggles just a little too much when turning at the highpoint of our maneuvering. It worked good with the Light Lund 17 that with our 19 Angler.

I does what is claims to do, but it is clunky and just so low to the ground and I have tired of stooping over it slowly winding my way around the driveway. I would say the useable max capacity is about 350lb tongue/3500 lb total range. We are a little over that total load number.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Trailer-Valet/STC-V211.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk7De4IaL2gIVSI1-Ch3y-gQNEAYYASABEgLNh_D_BwE

I am going electric and have my eye on this so far. More reading to do.
https://parkit360.ca/collections/force-5k/products/electric-trailer-dolly-base-version?variant=41398269584

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Kubota BX2200 utility tractor, and it does a fine job moving my CD-22 around! Also mows the yard, plows snow and moves dirt! Mr. Green Colby
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelia wrote:
So After nearly 5 years with the Trailer Valet manually powered jack, I am tired of cranking so low to the ground and the unit struggles just a little too much when turning at the highpoint of our maneuvering. It worked good with the Light Lund 17 that with our 19 Angler.

I does what is claims to do, but it is clunky and just so low to the ground and I have tired of stooping over it slowly winding my way around the driveway. I would say the useable max capacity is about 350lb tongue/3500 lb total range. We are a little over that total load number.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Trailer-Valet/STC-V211.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk7De4IaL2gIVSI1-Ch3y-gQNEAYYASABEgLNh_D_BwE

I am going electric and have my eye on this so far. More reading to do.
https://parkit360.ca/collections/force-5k/products/electric-trailer-dolly-base-version?variant=41398269584

Greg

Just sold my power castor and bought a Parkit 360 10,000 for moving trailers around the back yard. So far it works pretty good. It is a little noisier than the Power Castor but it doesn't need the power cord.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: