View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big dave

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Raven Dancer
Photos: Raven Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Wiper blades Reply with quote

I trying to replace the rubber wiper blades on my 2006 cruiser. I have done it before but can’t remember where I got my replacements at. Can anyone offer up any help or ideas.
Thanks
Dave
Raven Dancer
Notayot

Vessel Name: Notayot (sold 2/2018)
Photos: Notayot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered:Anco N-12R Wiper Blade Refill from Amazon, they fit perfectly on our 2006 CD 22, except having to pinch the metal frame in slightly at each anchor point to retain the wiper. With than minor mod these work perfectly.

D

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some universal blades from Costco, Goodyear brand I think, and the correct adapters were in the package to make them fit onto the original arms. They are cheap - like eight or nine bucks each - and they perform well. The ones that work for me are 14".

I made some minor adjustments to the adjustable ends of my original arms to get the blades to lay in the right position but as I recall it was easy to make them work. Now when I replace them every couple of years they just snap right on.

My 1996 CD25 is an oddball, though, so it might not be so simple for yours.

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified some standard car blades that work perfectly. At work we had some extra wiper blades I was going to throw out for a fleet vehicle that no longer exists. I looked at them and compared them to blades on our 2007 22' cruiser. The rubber is identical, but the stainless steel ribs are wider in the standard automotive blade. I slid the wider ribs out, cut the rubber blade to the same length as the original c-dory blade. I used the metal ribs from the original, slid them into the new rubber. I put the new blade into the wiper arm but it wanted to slide back and forth, so I closed the ends with a little dab of black shoe goo on each of the ends. They're good as factory new now.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little DIY fabrication seems to be the norm. I bought a set of quality 26 inch wipers because the price was actually cheaper than just buying refill blades. I chopped one in half and replaced the blades on my CD 16. So I still have a spare. It's a bit of a pain to have to fiddle with them when they are designed for a snap-on/snap-off change (if you could only find the part), but new blades are always nice.

I just bought an electric wiper motor to replace my hand operated port wiper. I think I may even wire it to use the self-park feature. The decadence aboard the Limpet continues.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, here’s a thread on it...

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=13473

Big dave

City/Region: Vancouver
Vessel Name: Raven Dancer
Photos: Raven Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows Anco N-12R Wiper Blade Refill from Amazon we’re a perfect fit for my 2006 C-dory.
Thanks to all.
Dave
Raven Dancer
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nappa Part Number 6-1233. I just bought one this morning and it was easy to replace and fit perfectly on my 1999 cruiser with manual wipers.

Some earlier posts listed the part number as 60-1233 and when I went to Nappa, I was told that was the old part number and the number is 6-1233.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just replaced wiper blades on our 99 22’ cruiser. NAPA Classic, 6-1233. Pleasant surprise... In stock, done deal. Ken
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced both with Trico 47-700 "Break-To-Fit" refills. These are the rubber wiper only with two S/S strips that you slide onto the arms. You cut them to fit. Like $11 pair on Amazon.
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip localboy.....

I've tried and tried to find replacements wipers (not entire arm) for my CD25. I've been assured that Napa so-and-so match both here in the forum and by Napa, but it never works out. Napa guaranteed me twice, but neither worked out and had to be returned.

Of course I'd prefer just "click-out and click-in" replacements, but if these can be cut to fit without much screwing around, I'll give it a shot. Just ordered them on Amazon.

smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately those Trico 47-700 "Break-To-Fit" refills didn't work for me. Seems like whatever I try is a dead end.

localboy, I figured since they worked for your 2007 CD25, they'd work for me (2005 CD25), but something must be different on the 2 boats. How long are your wiper blades? Mine are 11.5". The Tricos look like they might work but the breakoff section is too short to make the remaining blade short enough. I could attempt to hacksaw them to the right length, but that's the kind of process I was hoping to avoid.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So based on the above statement:

Our 2007 has what is known as "Trapezoid" (shaped) 7mm refills. I found that sometimes it's sized as 7.5mm on line, but the difference of 0.5mm is insignificant. The 7.5mm version were easily found...in Australia and New Zealand, but everything in the U.S. is 7mm. I have no idea why. Maybe U.S. citizens don't "get" the metric system.

Here is a pic of the blade shape:

The part number I posted is technically 7mm (in the U.S.) but they fit. I removed the arms from the boat to make installation easier. I put the locking tabs at the top of the arms and cut them about 1/2" long on the bottom. The just touch the window lower window seal when sweeping.

The factory snap off tabs/lengths for the S/S stiffeners were too long. They are made for vehicles which are longer. I had to cut them to the proper length with a metal snip then cut the rubber with a sharp razor. Length of the original blades on our boat is ~11.5". The important thing is the shape (trapezoidal) and width (7mm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: