The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Upcoming Feature on CD 16 Anglers, Cruisers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norseboater

City/Region: Nordland
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Upcoming Feature on CD 16 Anglers, Cruisers Reply with quote

Hello - I'm associate editor of Small Craft Advisor magazine, published in Port Townsend, WA and distributed internationally. Each issue spotlights a particular small-boat design and we're actively working on an article for the next issue on the C-Dory 16's…so we need to quickly contact owners everywhere for their comments, photos and responses to a quick email questionnaire about their boats.

One immediate need is to find a CD 16 owner (or several) in the Puget Sound area--ideally northern Puget Sound or even Port Townsend, where we live--so that we can put together a photo shoot and interview.

Please email me at Norseboater22@gmail.com if you own a 16' Angler or Cruiser anywhere; have photos you can share by email, or information on owners in northwestern Washington State.

Many thanks, in advance! - Marty Loken, Associate Editor, Small Craft Advisor magazine - www.smallcraftadvisor.com
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to go talk to the factory too as they are relatively close to your location.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty, I've been a satisfied, longtime owner of a 16' Angler since 1989. There are several others on this site, so you've come to the right place! I'll PM you shortly.
Brock
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty, long time no see! It's Mike Radder here. I had a 16 Angler that I sold to a good friend on Whidbey Island, who I suspect would be interested however he is not active on C-Brats so I'll check with him offline and send you an email. Here's a couple photos we took last weekend...

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman, WOW, this is right up your ally. First name I thought of, then Marty P, Mike R, too. Plenty of others here to share some great info about thses neat little boats.

Marty, you came to the right place. I have enjoyed your magazine for a long time and will be looking forward to seeing your article/mag on the C-Dory 16.

Please keep us informed on it release.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I bought small craft adviser for several years and it was all sail, sail, sail. So I stopped buying. I think it would be great for SCA to expand into small power cruisers like the CD 16 or even 19 or...

Many folks are interested in sub-25 foot cruising and would respond to such an addition to the SCA stable of boating interests.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR, that photo of the 16 and 22 side by side is great. Nice eye.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, I agree. Let's you and me start a campaign to have that photo included in the 2019 calendar.
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group Norse! The C Dory 16 deserves all the highest of accolades.

I bought my first boat at age 33 and it a was a CD 16. I Googled small power boats. Then small and safe boats. Then I finally "hit" pilothouse boats. I was hooked. I never liked open boats (like centre console and bow riders). I was immediately drawn to the pilothouse style and merits. The C Dory is the pinnacle of an economical pilothouse design.

Anyway, I'll look forward to reading your upcoming report! Listen to the Brats....there is a plethora of real world C Dory experience here. I learn something everytime I log in .

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Marco Flamingo

C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in NZ for a couple more weeks, but you can check out my photo album for the cruising possibilities of a CD 16 Cruiser based in Port Townsend.

I hate typing with my thumbs.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd just bump this thread back to the top to let everyone know this article is now published in the May/June 2018 edition of Small Craft Advisor. Marty did a very nice write-up, with help of many C-Brats and 16 owners including my friend Sam who now owns Lil'C and motored from Whidbey Island over to Port Townsend on a early March day to give Marty a test ride and get the running shots. In addition to detailing the layout and performance of the 16 footers, the 8-page feature covers some general information such as C-Dory history, construction, and includes quotes from many familiar names! I'm only including thumbnails here to whet your appetite, but you can go an purchase a print copy for $7.95 or a PDF copy for $5.95 on www.smallcraftadvisor.com if you are interested in reading it. I just placed my order for 2 print copies as well as the PDF!

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Cool. Thanks for posting the update. I'm off to get the mag.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

RichardM

City/Region: Akron
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Pangur Ban
Photos: Pangur Ban
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of SCA arrived a couple of days ago and the article is full of compliments for C-Dorys. SCA is a terrific magazine all the time and always worth reading, but this issue is especially appealing to C-Dory owners.

While SCA is aimed mainly at small sailboat owners, lots of C-Dory folks are or have been in that group. And SCA occasionally ventures "into the dark side" and runs reviews and stories about the power boats used by old (or not so old) sailors. Plus, I like the stories and reviews in nearly every issue. If you don't subscribe, consider it.
Catman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for alerting us to the fact that feature story on the mighty 16 is complete and ready for review. Man, reading that article was like licking a two-scoop waffle cone of salted caramel ice cream. It had my complete attention, and every picture and paragraph delivered another satisfying dram of dopamine. Lots of information and very useful testimonials.
Well done, Marty Loken! Thank you for the spotlight on the 16', and Northwest Marine Industries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: