The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2005 16 Cruiser for sale in MD $13,500
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Deez

City/Region: baltimore
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pequeno
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: 2005 16 Cruiser for sale in MD $13,500 Reply with quote

I am the second owner of this boat. The first owner kept it and had it serviced at the marina where he purchased it. I was told the boat had 100 hours on it when I bought it. The engine was serviced last year and has performed flawlessly during the 100 hours I have put on the boat. She is in excellent condition and really needs nothing to be enjoyed. When I bought her, there had never been a single hole drilled anywhere! No speakers, vhf, nothing mounted/installed. I (with great hesitation) drilled four small holes in the cockpit to mount the frame bow for the shade top you will see in the photo. All seat and v-berth canvas is perfect. I installed the following upgrades:
-LED lighting in v berth and under cockpit shelf. Changeable color, remote controlled.
-MARPAC fuel filter/water seperator unit and new fuel line. Very nice unit with clear bowl allowing visual inspection.
-LED bulb in all round/anchor light. Only uses 2 watts.
-Outboard cover for the Honda 40hp motor.
-Sunbrella shade top over cockpit with stainless frame bow.
-Sonarphone TBox bluetooth skimmer transducer. With the purchase of the Navionics app, this allows any phone/tablet, etc. to serve as a fully functional gps with depth/temp/bottom structure/fish finder. Very cool.
-New spare wheel/tire mounted on trailer.
-New tongue lights on trailer.
-Bearings were inspected (along with the rest of the trailer) and it passed state inspection. I trailered the boat 180 miles to the beach and back for vacation and it performed flawlessly, with one exception. The starboard side carpeted board had rusted bolts and came off somewhere during the trip. A new one could be easily fabricated. The boat has been well maintained, washed, waxed and kept on dry land for most of her life. there is a coat of bottom paint on the boat, but if you were going to keep her in a wet slip, I would add a fresh coat.

Please email me with any questions and for pictures. I am very, very hesitant to sell this boat as I searched for it for a long time, but I am back in school in the hopes of entering the field of medicine. Selling is probably the right move, but I am not happy about it. If you intend to lowball me, don't bother. The boat is paid for, immaculate, and only costs me about $200 per year to own, so I am far from desperate.

McMark

City/Region: Monongahela
State or Province: PA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent!

Thanks
Mark

Sdcotten

City/Region: Asheville
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Sprite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
C-Deez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum will not allow me to upload photos. I am answering PMs now.

I failed to mention the boat also has a new Solas prop installed plus an extra in vg condition. There is also a fin on the cav plate. It is not the metal one that the brats seem to prefer, but it works very well and keeps the nose down. Top speed is around 29mph indicated on gps.
C-Deez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, she has the optional bow pulpit and also the swim platform with telescoping ladder.

To answer a few questions preemptively, there is no stereo system (I use a bluetooth rechargeable speaker), no vhf (I use a handheld), no flatscreen tv, no fans in the v berth, etc. I have not wanted to drill holes in her, and only did so for the bimini mount reluctantly. Thanks!!!
Botahog

City/Region: Graham
State or Province: NC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Cdory for sale Reply with quote

Can you send pictures?
john m connery

City/Region: madison
State or Province: CT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 16 Cruiser for sale in MD $13,500 Reply with quote

C-Deez wrote:
I am the second owner of this boat. The first owner kept it and had it serviced at the marina where he purchased it. I was told the boat had 100 hours on it when I bought it. The engine was serviced last year and has performed flawlessly during the 100 hours I have put on the boat. She is in excellent condition and really needs nothing to be enjoyed. When I bought her, there had never been a single hole drilled anywhere! No speakers, vhf, nothing mounted/installed. I (with great hesitation) drilled four small holes in the cockpit to mount the frame bow for the shade top you will see in the photo. All seat and v-berth canvas is perfect. I installed the following upgrades:
-LED lighting in v berth and under cockpit shelf. Changeable color, remote controlled.
-MARPAC fuel filter/water seperator unit and new fuel line. Very nice unit with clear bowl allowing visual inspection.
-LED bulb in all round/anchor light. Only uses 2 watts.
-Outboard cover for the Honda 40hp motor.
-Sunbrella shade top over cockpit with stainless frame bow.
-Sonarphone TBox bluetooth skimmer transducer. With the purchase of the Navionics app, this allows any phone/tablet, etc. to serve as a fully functional gps with depth/temp/bottom structure/fish finder. Very cool.
-New spare wheel/tire mounted on trailer.
-New tongue lights on trailer.
-Bearings were inspected (along with the rest of the trailer) and it passed state inspection. I trailered the boat 180 miles to the beach and back for vacation and it performed flawlessly, with one exception. The starboard side carpeted board had rusted bolts and came off somewhere during the trip. A new one could be easily fabricated. The boat has been well maintained, washed, waxed and kept on dry land for most of her life. there is a coat of bottom paint on the boat, but if you were going to keep her in a wet slip, I would add a fresh coat.

Please email me with any questions and for pictures. I am very, very hesitant to sell this boat as I searched for it for a long time, but I am back in school in the hopes of entering the field of medicine. Selling is probably the right move, but I am not happy about it. If you intend to lowball me, don't bother. The boat is paid for, immaculate, and only costs me about $200 per year to own, so I am far from desperate.
john m connery

City/Region: madison
State or Province: CT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not low-ball you. But, the NADA Used Boat Value Guide states Low Retail value = $6,570 and Average = $7,475 for this rig. I'll offer you average retail cash upon satisfactory inspection. Matsconn@gmail.com Madison, CT 203.421.3897
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john m connery wrote:
I will not low-ball you. But, the NADA Used Boat Value Guide states Low Retail value = $6,570 and Average = $7,475 for this rig. I'll offer you average retail cash upon satisfactory inspection. Matsconn@gmail.com Madison, CT 203.421.3897

You are new around there. The NADA price in no way reflects the price of used C Dorys.

It would seem unusual to make an "offer" on line for any boat. You have used this line for two boats--and it is unrealistic. We wish you good fortune in search for a boat.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob is right, all the way around. NADA is way off the chart low. (Yes, still and again and always), and good luck in your search.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

TimButterfield

City/Region: Anacortes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, NADA is way off for boats. A much closer region adjusted value is available from BUC Value Pro. Here is an example. Further, keep in mind this is for an average condition boat without extras. Better than average condition and/or extras would raise the price above that shown here. Given that, the OP's boat may be a bargain.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a neighborhood of 15 to 20 (depending on accessories), would not be unreasonable. Somebody should get on this one quick.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Redmack

City/Region: Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: 16’ c-dory Reply with quote

Would appreciate pictures if possible. My text is 1 217 779 2719. Thank you
C-Deez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat is still available and has been winterized and waxed with one coat of cleaner wax and two coats of 3m wax. Both the engine oil and gear oil have just been changed. She's ready to go amd will be shrink wrapped for winter if not sold soon. Please email me directly at jamesgenego@hotmail.com if interested as I am seldom on this site anymore. Thanks very much and happy holidays.
C-Deez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat is still available and has been winterized and waxed with one coat of cleaner wax and two coats of 3m wax. Both the engine oil and gear oil have just been changed. She's ready to go amd will be shrink wrapped for winter if not sold soon. Please email me directly at jamesgenego@hotmail.com if interested as I am seldom on this site anymore. Thanks very much and happy holidays.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: