The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

She was my first...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbdba01

State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: She was my first... Reply with quote

We met online about a decade ago, and it was love at first sight. She had the lines that would catch a young man's attention.

We would sneak out early in the morning - some times we wouldn't tell people where we would be going - and always get scorned by those who who didn't know where we were. "Where have you been? And what's that smell on you?" Other times we would run about at night - carefree. Sure the wife knew I was out - but did she know with whom and how much fun we were having?

It started out with our rendezvous being once every 3-4 weeks, but eventually we started seeing each other weekly. Occasionally we would get out 2-3 times a week - those times the spousal unit would think something was up...but I would always bring home a gift to smooth over that situation.

However, over the years our relationship changed. I grew in my needs and wants - she stayed stagnant. She just couldn't grow and maturity wise she stayed exactly where she was. I knew the time was coming when it would be time to part ways - but she kept calling me back. "Hey...let's go to Anna Maria Island and frolic in the waves like yester-year." Sure we would have some fun, but it was the same ol' same ol'. I knew what I had to do...it was time to part ways.

So I sat her down one day and explained things to her. "It's not you - it's me. I have different needs now. You're a ton of fun, and we've made some great memories, but...I need to move on." I could see she was hurt - but it was time. "I can change John - I can..." We looked at each other and realized it wasn't true. I let her down as easy as possible...but after 10 years the relationship had run it's course.

Last I heard she was out and about in Melbourne, FL...doing what she does best. 35mph and rolling in the waves. I'm going to miss her, but it was time.

"We'll always have Anna Maria", were the last words we said to each other. Yes...yes we will.

Oh...but wait. There's a new girl in town, and what lines she has.

And I think the wife is OK with the "platonic" relationship.

smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever......

P.S. Who chopped off your arm in that last photo?
jbdba01

State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smckean (Tosca) wrote:
Clever......

P.S. Who chopped off your arm in that last photo?

Nice...guess I need a selfie stick.

Apologies for it not being CDory related...just in the grieving process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: