The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Anybody familiar with this 2003 CD 22 cruiser?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spuncopper

City/Region: Camden/ Lake Wateree
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sock Monkey
Photos: Sock Monkey
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Anybody familiar with this 2003 CD 22 cruiser? Reply with quote

Is there anyone who is familiar with this boat (Hunky Dory)? I've seen it on the market now for over a year. It's always located in the Punta Gorda. Fl area or further south and it's always on the same trailer (which is not included).

The trailer always has the same fender configuration on the winch post due to the trailer not fitting the boat.

And, the price has always been around $19,900 to $22,000.

https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L51137317

Just curious as I would love to have a CD 22 but... I'll have to stick with my little CD 16 as it meets or even exceeds our needs. Very Happy
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks clean, and pretty bare and if it has been there (at a dealers for so long) and still there they might want it off the lot and be willing to dicker. Could be worth a try.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

spuncopper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Oops, It's a 1993 not 2003 Reply with quote

My bad, it's a 1993 CD 22 Cruiser not a 2003. Can't multitask worth a damn any longer... Sad
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if a " Bfrench443" registered onto the site on 7 June 2010 with this boat in Punta Gorda. He had no posts. A WineAdvisor register onto the site on 10 Oct. 2010, with the same name, and Hull ID number, also in Punta Gorda (Burnt Store Marina), and had 4 posts: The first post was on Nov 1, 2010 All were about installing a hydraulic steering system, and autopilots. Unfortunately there were a couple of "rough" answers, and apparently that owner did not return after his 4th post on Nov. 2, although the thread continued.

I have no idea if Bfrench443 and WineAdivsor were the same owner. No idea if this person still owns the boat and has it for sale. I might try looking up the Name B French, in Punta Gorda, and see if he is involved in Wine business as a start...

I don't see that same boat listed currently elsewhere-.but I would try a message to see what the deal is. The boat looks to be still at Burnt Store Marina when this ad was posted.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
spuncopper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Anybody familiar with this 1993 CD 22 cruiser? Reply with quote

Thanks Thataway.
spuncopper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Anybody familiar with this 1993 CD 22 cruiser? Reply with quote

Thanks to Thataway, I checked the website for Burnt Store Marina which listed two boat/yacht brokers and neither one had this boat listed.

Following up with Thataway's suggestion of researching B French I found a gentleman in Punta Gorda with a name match. Following this up I discovered his wife's obituary for May 2004, which listed one of her favorite activities was cruising in her boat "Hunky Dory".

So this answered my question and if the boat was still available I would believe it had been well loved and cared for.

Thanks Thataway for the leads.
hardee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Good sleuthing. And spuncopper, you might have yourself a nice boat there.

Best,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

spuncopper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Anybody familiar with this 1993 CD 22 cruiser? Reply with quote

Hey Hardee,

It was fun researching this boat; I'm almost positive it's been sold. However, I couldn't justify buying a CD 22 unless it was an extremely good buy.

At the present, we're not in a position to use or even take care of a boat like this. We're lucky to be able to use our CD 16 once a week. Maybe in a couple of years but not right now.

I do enjoy surfing the web looking for used CD 22's and dreaming though. I was curious why I'd seen this one boat in this specific area so many times and if there was a problem with it, example, had it been in a collision, was there a title problem, was it damaged by a hurricane, etc.

It looks like a good boat for someone, but not for us at this date and time.

Take care and be safe out there, spuncopper
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody familiar with this 1993 CD 22 cruiser? Reply with quote

spuncopper wrote:
Hey Hardee,

It was fun researching this boat; I'm almost positive it's been sold. However, I couldn't justify buying a CD 22 unless it was an extremely good buy.

At the present, we're not in a position to use or even take care of a boat like this. We're lucky to be able to use our CD 16 once a week. Maybe in a couple of years but not right now.

I do enjoy surfing the web looking for used CD 22's and dreaming though. I was curious why I'd seen this one boat in this specific area so many times and if there was a problem with it, example, had it been in a collision, was there a title problem, was it damaged by a hurricane, etc.

It looks like a good boat for someone, but not for us at this date and time.

Take care and be safe out there, spuncopper

Thanks, will do, you too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat is for sale again, and listed at: https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L51137317

Is this suspicious and weird or worth looking into?

CD 22 Cruiser "FRESH FISH: 2018 to present.
CD 16 Angler "OPA": 2013 to 2019.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: