Factory News!! C-Dory Factory News
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markwright
C-Dory Factory Representative

City/Region: Bellingham/NW
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dory Factory
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Factory News!! C-Dory Factory News Reply with quote

C-Dory Factory News

Northwest Marine Industries/C-Dory boats is proud to announce that Three Rivers Marine of Crystal River Florida has been appointed the C-Dory dealer for the southeast region of the US. Mike Shotwell and his sales and service team are a returning C-Dory dealer from the past. We are very excited to have them back. We have already talked to past customers who were touring the factory and reported that Three River’s “was a first class dealership”. Three Rivers Marine’s initial order, almost encompasses the whole C-Dory line. Boats should start heading their way in September.
C-Dory would also like to recognize Wefings Marine of Eastpoint Fl., and Mobile East Marine of Alliance North Carolina for their past representation. Good luck to both establishments in the future.

Mark and Ron from Northwest Marine Industries!!

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, are there any plans to get a dealer onboard in the Massachusetts and Maine area? I feel that C Dorys would do very well here but there is no marketing whatsoever.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory News!! C-Dory Factory News Reply with quote

markwright wrote:
C-Dory Factory News

Northwest Marine Industries/C-Dory boats is proud to announce that Three Rivers Marine of Crystal River Florida has been appointed the C-Dory dealer for the southeast region of the US. Mike Shotwell and his sales and service team are a returning C-Dory dealer from the past. We are very excited to have them back. We have already talked to past customers who were touring the factory and reported that Three River’s “was a first class dealership”. Three Rivers Marine’s initial order, almost encompasses the whole C-Dory line. Boats should start heading their way in September.
C-Dory would also like to recognize Wefings Marine of Eastpoint Fl., and Mobile East Marine of Alliance North Carolina for their past representation. Good luck to both establishments in the future.

Mark and Ron from Northwest Marine Industries!!

Congrats guys! Although it may not always seem apparent, I am in your corner leading the cheers for NMI! Your success benefits ALL of us current owners in the long term so that C-Dory never becomes just a fond memory!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Rivers Marine

https://www.threeriversmarineinc.com/

Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info; nice to hear from you guys!

Harald

"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Three Rivers Marine Reply with quote

It is good to hear that 3 Rivers Marine is back as a CD dealer.
I dealt with them back in 2006 on my present ProAngler but the deal did not work out. Then in 2009 I found the very same boat for sale on Ebay, it had been repossessed in W. Palm Beach with 100 hrs on it. I bought it and it is in front of my house on the ocean here in Ninilchik, Alaska and going out fishing in a few minutes.
It still has the Three Rivers Marine decal on the cabin as well as another on the trailer.
I wish them good luck on the 2nd go-around with CD.

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and Ron at NMI,
CONGRATULATIONS on signing a new dealer. That is greast for C-Dory brand and NMI, and for Three Rivers. Best wishes for a long, profitable (for all) relationship there, and for the future buyers in the SE region.

And now to the ponduras pacaderm swinging from the chandelier. What happened to/with Marc and Wefings. As most of us are aware, Marc has been a strong supporter of the C-Dory brand, the C-Dory Lifestyle (promoting and sponsoring the CBRAT Get Togethers), and the NMI production improvements.

From your announcement it sounds like Wefings is no longer a part of the SE C-DORY equation. For me, that is sad to see, as I know he has been a tremendous boost for the C-Dory brand in not only that area but there are CBRATS who have dealt with him from all over the country and his reputation as a stand up, straight up guy is impeccable.

Just wondering if there is a way to enlighten the family here as to what the future holds in regards that situation.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:

And now to the ponduras pacaderm swinging from the chandelier. What happened to/with Marc and Wefings. As most of us are aware, Marc has been a strong supporter of the C-Dory brand, the C-Dory Lifestyle (promoting and sponsoring the CBRAT Get Togethers), and the NMI production improvements.

From your announcement it sounds like Wefings is no longer a part of the SE C-DORY equation. For me, that is sad to see, as I know he has been a tremendous boost for the C-Dory brand in not only that area but there are CBRATS who have dealt with him from all over the country and his reputation as a stand up, straight up guy is impeccable.

Just wondering if there is a way to enlighten the family here as to what the future holds in regards that situation.

Harvey, In my conversation with Marc Grove of Wefings, I addressed this directly and he gave me permission to speak for him: Marc still feels that he is a very important part of the C Dory family. He will be selling used C Dorys as he has been, on consignment. Marc feels that the current boats are as well built as he has seen. There is no disagreement between him and the Wrights where an atmosphere of respect remains. As I understand it, was a mutual agreement for Marc to stop being a C Dory dealer, based on the expense of stocking a certain number of boats. Marc still has a new Tom Cat from an order over 6 months ago, and the flooring costs eats into the profit to the point that he made a business decision to no longer carry the C Dory line. Part of this hinged on the fact, that many of us who buy used C Dorys, in excellent condition, for half of the price of a new boat. I didn't directly ask about the competition of the Rosborough line of pilot house boats. He is also involved with a re-design of the Rosborough 22, to be a cruiser more akin to the C Dory 22, which will be an interesting addition to trailerable cruising boats.

Marc will continue to fully support this site and the C Dory community; we did discuss a gathering of like minded boaters at RiverCrest this year, where many C Brats are usually found. Marc has represented the c Dory line at multiple boat shows for a number of years at his expense. He has widely advertised the C Dory and other NMI boats on a regular basis.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Master Marine Reply with quote

Another boat dealer, Master Marine, has moved a couple of miles south of their previous location. They are still in Mount Vernon, WA and located on the west side of I-5, on Jacks Ln. A most impressive service department and their yard has many C-Dory's and Ventures facing the freeway. Exit 225 if you're southbound from Bellingham. Open Monday thru Saturday, 8-5.

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
C-Brats #22

2010 R25SC Tug (Mar 2010 - Sold Oct 2013)
1993 22 Cruiser (Jan 2014 - Sold March 2023)
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
hardee wrote:

Harvey, In my conversation with Marc Grove of Wefings, I addressed this directly and he gave me permission to speak for him: Marc still feels that he is a very important part of the C Dory family. He will be selling used C Dorys as he has been, on consignment. Marc feels that the current boats are as well built as he has seen. There is no disagreement between him and the Wrights where an atmosphere of respect remains. As I understand it, was a mutual agreement for Marc to stop being a C Dory dealer, based on the expense of stocking a certain number of boats. Marc still has a new Tom Cat from an order over 6 months ago, and the flooring costs eats into the profit to the point that he made a business decision to no longer carry the C Dory line. Part of this hinged on the fact, that many of us who buy used C Dorys, in excellent condition, for half of the price of a new boat. I didn't directly ask about the competition of the Rosborough line of pilot house boats. He is also involved with a re-design of the Rosborough 22, to be a cruiser more akin to the C Dory 22, which will be an interesting addition to trailerable cruising boats.

Marc will continue to fully support this site and the C Dory community; we did discuss a gathering of like minded boaters at RiverCrest this year, where many C Brats are usually found. Marc has represented the c Dory line at multiple boat shows for a number of years at his expense. He has widely advertised the C Dory and other NMI boats on a regular basis.

Thanks Bob. Still, after all the loyalty Marc has shown to the C-Dory line, seems they should be showing him some support back down the line. Marc is a great guy and he would be pretty stoic, so I'm hoping what ever decision was made really was his, not pressured from ......

Thanks for passing on his message, now I hope to hear something from NMI too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and Ron,

I hope all the best with your new dealer and I know you would not have made the decision unless you thought it was best for C-Dory sales and service.

I just took delivery of my 2017 25 Cruiser in February and could not be happier! You guys are building a fantastic boat!!!!

Ken

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Z_HsoLI-g4s
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbysmith wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Z_HsoLI-g4s

Looks like a beautiful spot right on the water. Nice.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did any of you guys see the December issue of Boat U.S.?

Cool cover shot of an aluminum boat powering through Arran Rapids near Stuart Island north of Desolation Sound. Even cooler is an article beginning on page 60 entitled Rugged Boats of the Great Northwest. Maxing out the cool meter is a photo of I think a 24' Sea Sport, mention of Northwest Marine Industries and Osprey, Skagit Orca, Tomcat and C-Dory boats!

Not surprisingly, Rangers were prominently featured, rafted at a rendezvous at Roche and Desolation. (And an advertisement on page 9.)
Too, a plug for Sam Devlin, American Tugs, and regional aluminum favorites. Go, local boat builders--especially NMI!
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Boat US mag is the first thing I look at when I get my mail.

Funny, Rugged boats of the PNW and no pix of a C-Dory with that. Can't wait to see that article.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: