The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/18 - 08/20 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see everything falling into place! In August we will probably be somewhere around the Great Lakes headed down to Chicago! We had a fabulous stay in New York Harbor the night before last, see the link to the pics in the blog on the Daydream's Great Loop thread.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeR, thanks for your ideas, and Mary, good questions. The eclipse is a rare reason to stay through Sunday and the 21st! I suspect like last year, though, we'll likely break camp mostly by noon Sunday. I think I was the last one to leave on Monday at 2 p.m. last year, as nasty weekend winds kept many dock-bound through Sunday. But that Monday resembled a Sunday.

Regardless, we're set for Friday and Saturday nights, and you'll want to contact the harbormaster regarding Sunday and Monday nights. I'm sure there will be space for Freedom. And absolutely, spend some time in Fairhaven. It's a fun place to shop and look, and I routinely walk back to the marina after the tour. Brats go every which way Saturday, then assemble late Saturday afternoon for the potluck.

Mark at NMI is looking forward to giving us a factory tour at 10 a.m. Saturday. Should be another fun weekend in Bellingham. Smile
Catman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let folks know Bellingham is still happening in a little over a month. This site recently was voted Most Underrated C-Brat rendezvous scene in a popular poll, so come and be seen.

Seven boats are signed up so far, and if we can double that number I think that would be twice as good. Two years ago the wind barely blew for three straight days. Last year it blew so hard we could barely stand up straight. Since the wind blows only in alternate years, you can imagine the calm that awaits us.
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene and I are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new friends at the Bellingham gathering. It has been a long time since we have been able to attend. Hope to cruise the San Juans and maybe a bit of BC after the get together. Last year we took Reef Madness from Blaine to Elfin Cove Alaska for the summer. It was a grand trip. This year we are flying to Elfin Cove. Much faster and cheaper. See you there! Come on folks....the more the merrier!

Margaret, Gene & Docker

Catman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your enthusiasm on this gig, Margaret! I haven't seen you and Gene for at least three or four years, I think. I'll never forget the fun we had laughing with Fred and others in your cockpit at the Nanaimo gathering in 2009. I remember last year you were committed to the long trip north. I hope you won't mind me dropping by your boat with my chart in hand, ready to ask you a few dozen questions about your adventure.

I imagine at least a few of us will want to cruise around and about once we break up Sunday.
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Brock that was a good time. If I remember correctly, there may have been some Irish Cream involved. We would love to share our adventures to Alaska with you and anyone else who cares to listen. You have the boat, now just make the plan.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the C-Dory factory tour yet? Also, does anyone know if the factory still has, or ever did have a smaller scale (16 or smaller C-Dory replica), on the roof. I thought there was one there at some point. Went by on the freeway last weekend, but did not see the signature profile.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I will likely come up and spend a night in a hotel as my boat will probably still be in production or at the dealer being outfitted. We look forward to meeting you all. I'll be the big dutch guy 6'4" 260lbs with the cute gal at my side.

Harald & Heather

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=Random&id=IMG_1252&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Any news on the C-Dory factory tour yet? Also, does anyone know if the factory still has, or ever did have a smaller scale (16 or smaller C-Dory replica), on the roof. I thought there was one there at some point. Went by on the freeway last weekend, but did not see the signature profile.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Harvey, the factory by the freeway in Ferndale burned down a few years ago, along with the 16 on the roof. They are now in Fairhaven, you can't see the current factory from the freeway. The new factory is great, and personally I think it's super cool being located at the site of former legendary builders in Bellingham such as Uniflite, Chris Craft, and Tolly Craft.

-Mike

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Thanks Mike, I had forgotten about the fire. have not been there since then.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, MikeR, I didn't know they also built Chris Craft and Tolly's in that same building. Along with Uniflite and the current boats produced by NMI, that's a prolific lineup.

I've been away cruising and now have 75 engine hours. What a difference a bigger boat makes. Sometimes we don't know what we don't know. I don't know if that made any sense, but I do know I could sure as hell spend the entire summer on the water exploring the Salish Sea and beyond. The boating tick bit me and I'm just fine with that.

Regarding our Bellingham rendezvous, I want to ask what attendees would like to do for dinner Saturday night. Does a traditional potluck appeal to us or would all ya'all prefer to walk up together to Anthony's?

Harald and Heather, I'm delighted you're driving up from Portland to join us. Course, you have another pretty good reason to Venture northward. We'll all get a chance to become acquainted with your evolving black treasure midway through its build. That's pretty darn cool.

Harvey, I wish you could join us because any gig is better when you're there.
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brock! I'll be up there tomorrow as well through Friday as i have a factory visit Friday morning at 9 unfortunetly my wife can't come tomorrow due to work obligations. So I will be solo. I will check out the marina since I have the time and see if I can spot any brats Smile. My wife and I look forward to meeting the gang for the get together in a couple weeks.

Thank you for organizing it. If you need any help let me know. As to dinner either is fine with me but since we are traveling our contribution to the pot luck will be limited. Let me know what non perishables we can bring if we go that route.

H&H

I'll be posting pics of the factory tour Saturday.
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock,

I vote Anthony's!

Peter and Caryn
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony's
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in Harbor Springs, MI, at Little Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan, and odds are none to negative infinity that we will be in Bellingham for this CBGT, but we will be there in our hearts! A DOUBLE thanks to Brock (and Mike R?) for seeing that "Bellingham is Back" does not die! We will try to phone in some time during the potluck. We now have 2,900 miles of our Great Loop done, with about 2,200 or so more to go to cross our wake in LaBelle, FL! I post a link to our blog every day in the Daydream's Loop thread under Great Adventures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: