The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Xantrex TrueCharge 20 won't charge dead house battery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmacpiper

City/Region: Bainbridge Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Big Blue
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Thanks for the follow up.

Why were your engine start batteries at less than one volt? That should never happen, unless there is a load on them. My Sam's club group 31's AGM keep a full charge for months--unless there is a load. So what killed your batteries? It was not the lack of a charger.

What size batteries do you have? Have you done what was suggested by several folks last year? (check out wiring diagram, label wires, put in battery voltage/amperage monitor?

I have to chuckle at the crossover of this topic and my current one, Bob! Yes, I am forgetful and somewhat dense at times, and somewhere in the dark recesses I thought, "Didn't Bob once tell me that a battery can be charged and still toast?" and lo and behold, here I found your old comment to that very subject! So, better late than never, right? Yes, taking the suggestions, as time allows. Hoping to have it all sorted tomorrow with a load test and probably a new house battery.

Best to you and all the people here that continue to be helpful, in spite of my stupidity...

bmc

2004 19 Angler, "Crush", sold 2012
2007 22 Cruiser, "Big Blue", purchased 2012
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: