The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fishing rod holders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My IRA

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Aidiam
Photos: My IRA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great input on rod holders and downrigger placement.
Cool
Jerry

1992 C-Dory 22 Cruiser sold 8/96
1992 OLympic 26XLF Sold 10/2000
1989 Arima 19 SR sold 2003
2004 C-Dory 25 sold 10/05
1992 Bounty 25 Offshore Pilot sold 6/2010
2006 Arima 17 SC sold 9/2012
2013 C-Dory 23 Venture
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler Dealer -

I wasn't ignoring your email, I did something better than respond to it. I forwarded it to the Head Nerd for diagnosis, you see. Bill, however, takes some time to get through these things, because he has to run the problem through a whole bunch of steps and tests. Then he has to find someone to have a meeting about it with. Drives his wife crazy.

I figured you were just pushing the wrong mouse button or something.

I am happy you got it straightened out and will be watching for more pictures.

You sure that's a dog?

True Story

City/Region: Snoqualmie
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: True Story
Photos: True Story
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Thats it. I just can't sit back and listen to you guys slam my Fish-On rod holders any longer. It's startin to get personal Wink I've been using them since 1982 and think they work fine on the CD and drift boat. I will admit that they do need to be adjusted with a screw driver a couple of times every year to keep them dialed in, but they go in and out easily and I didn't have a fit after dropping one overboard last summer because they are only $15 or so.

As far as the pig dilemma goes, I'm not sure what kind of meat poles them guys in Oregon are using. Up here in God's country, we catch a few pigs ourselves, believe in setting our drags to give up some line and our poles actually flex a little which together, absorb the majority of stress associated with a sudden takedown.

Actually, Scotty could make a better pole holder as I've never fished with them. I'm really just trying to defend the sixteen holes I've got drilled into the gunnel of our boat and raz the Tyboo a bit. Tim
Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell when your Pub mates are in the middle of winter can't ya. Defensive rod holder syndrome, neighboring State line drag chafe, swiss cheese gunnel rash. Whoa! Deep breaths, in / out / in / out, now doesn't that feel better Wink.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we ain't slammin' your pole holders! It's been my experience that they do a pretty good job of "slamming" themselves.

In further defense of them, though, I should point out that they have a distinct advantage when trolling for the silvers. Often times, the silver will take a swipe at the bait, but miss the hookup. If you quickly lower your pole tip to let the bait drop back, more often than not they'll hit it again. With the breakaway Fish On holders, this move is usually automatic. Our motto down in the big river is, "If them fish aren't big enough to topple a Fish On pole holder, we don't want 'em anyway."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Them things work just fine unless you forget to tighten them up. I got nothing against them, really. The ones that came in my first boat were old junkers, and that's been my only experience with them. That, and watching the younger B~C dive across the cockpit to grab a pole before it shoots out of the horizontal holder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: