View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinker

City/Region: Knoxville IA/ La Conner WA
State or Province: IA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: Great Republic
Photos: Great Republic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: 26' Great Republic is still for sale Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I have officially downsized to an Angler 16, due to the fact that I'm stuck in the Midwest and wanted a boat more conducive to trailering adventures. My restored C-Dory 26' Pro Angler is still for sale at http://waypointmarinegroup.com/pre-owned-boats/ . For those not familiar with it, I documented the restoration here: http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=22511 .

Thanks,
Travis
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Questions on Great Republic Reply with quote

Travis,
Are the cockpit controls for the main engine and if so, how is the kicker controlled/steered? Also, how many gallons of gas in the two tanks and did you work on the tanks during the renovation? Lastly, do both axles on the trailer have brakes and if so, surge or electric of electric over hydraulic? I followed your trail on this one, great job!!!
Bob Jarrard
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Great Republic being restored at Bitter End Boatworks, nobody is better than Jesse at this kind of work, and somebody needs to run, not walk, to buy this boat, it is a rarity. Bob, while you are asking questions and waiting for answers, somebody else is going to be having a survey done and making an offer! Just sayin'!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

bobjarrard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: You are right Pat Reply with quote

This 26' and the 27' with a Lugger 4 cylinder engine in Anchorage, Alaska (https://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/6187045466.html) are to die for! When Great Republic was first on the market before the restoration it was a great boat. Thanks for the encouragement Pat!!
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool boat. Yeah, this has been on the market for a while! Someone needs to buy this ASAP.

Good luck Travis.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Tinker

City/Region: Knoxville IA/ La Conner WA
State or Province: IA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: Great Republic
Photos: Great Republic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bob,

Just the main engine controls are at the rear helm. The kicker is connected to via an extension off of the hydraulic steering on the main. Still have to push the start button on the kicker and adjust the throttle on the tiller. The Garmin auto pilot is plumbed into the main (not a TR1) but still works flawlessly while the main is off and only trolling with the kicker. The Garmins at the main helm and rear helm are networked together. The 2 fuel tanks hold 80 gallons each and while we were restoring they were found to be in good shape so Jesse I believe only replaced the fuel pick up hoses in the tanks. The trailer brakes are surge, and I'm not sure if they are on one axle or both. To tell you the truth once I got the boat to Washington I never used the trailer as I always launched off the slings at the marina where I kept the boat. I towed from Vermont to Bellingham with a 3/4 ton and never felt compromised while towing at freeway speeds.

Thanks all for your words of encouragement. Selling Great Republic is going to be sad, but having her sitting unused is even more sad. I hate it when work gets in the way of grand adventure plans!

Thanks,
Travis
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Travis, I visited her yesterday at the end of a day-long bike ride. At 8 p.m. I walked over the locks and into Waypoint dry storage to look at cool boats like C-Dory's, Sea Sports, a Uniflite or three, and Great Republic. Man, she sure is in good shape. Her blue stripe is less dinged and scratched than Bambina's, and I hardly ever pulled pots. OK, never. And that 200 Yamaha is a fine machine, and hardly looks used.

I was able to do more than just look. As the sun descended on this Independence Day, I reassured your distant girl that soon she'd feel a new owner's warm embrace once again.
Hug
bobjarrard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks Travis Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Travis. Almost enough room to square dance in the cockpit. The Yamaha 200 is a great motor from all the reviews and being as light as it is, a good choice on this boat. I will think hard on this one.
Bob and Kyung
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it listed today at http://insidepassageyachtsales.com/boats-for-sale/1986-c-dory-26-pro-angler-anacortes-washington-6374317/. $59,500
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dry weight 3500 lb's. I don't think so!

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a really good buy to me. If I was younger I would take a hard look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: