The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Ranger moving strong into the outboard market
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc--has it been a dealer or factory lack of response?. Andrew stated they would solve the problems by flying factory people down to Panama city if necessary.

Both . No action was taken until the customer went "public". It speaks to the quality, the culture, and reality of what happens ,not "perceived" customer service that many speak of.Should you have to fly people in from the factory if there is a problem? There is a reason the 2 Fl. dealers with service departments and a customer service ethic are no longer dealers .

Are there construction flaws, design flaws. or poor quality control. Having carpet on the walls, and overhead, are potential nightmares in Florida--and once mold gets in there it means removal, and redo. Seeing what happens in a C Dory without any covering (Mold grows), always fear what is going on behind the upholstered walls..

Consistant QC has been an issue since day one .
Ill leave it at that .
Marc

ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the quality control on the new C-Dories is concerned.

I just finished with the 10 hour break in period. The new 25 is just about perfect with no issues. The only thing they missed was sealing the spot light (water dripping in while into 3 foot seas) and I fixed that in 10 minutes.

Boats are constant work from the first day you get them. If you have this attitude you're usually happy with your boat. Hell, working on a boat is half the fun of boating. If you want perfection you need to find a different hobby Very Happy

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Ranger moving strong into the outboard market Reply with quote

I after reading all this would have wanted to return the boat to the dealer and sue for damages. I mean it sounds like the dealer blew him off hoping he would correct the issues himself. Ranger seems most interested in selling lots of boats. Big dealers with big orders can be success stories or as in this case a problem for Ranger along with the dealer who seemingly did not take care of business. I don't think very few if any Ranger dealers are actually Volvo Penta authorized service centers. I think the same was the case when they used Yanmar and Cummings engines. Both of our last boats came from Wefings. Marc has always been a man of his word. Our boat had a few issues such as an anchor box drain hose not connected to the outside drain behind a clamshell. We found wet bedding. I figured it out and fixed it costing me a hose clamp. No mold discovered. At my first engine service the Volvo Penta service center at Forked River Diesel discovered a one and quarter inch raw water intake hose was rubbing on a pulley and starting to wear through. The hose was replaced, rerouted and Ranger picked up the tab for the parts and labor. These boats have a lot of systems and things happen. A leaking window and an air conditioner drain issue should not Happen. I wonder if the generator is capable of running both air conditioners? As far as the engine not running at full rpms and so excess smoke a reset corrected that I believe. Ranger will make this right. But I agree the whole Q.C. thing needs to addressed. Like the other poster said all boats are a pain. Mr. Green
D.D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: