The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

How much did you use your Marinaut this season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: How much did you use your Marinaut this season? Reply with quote

Hello fellow Marinaut owners.

How much did you use your Marinaut this season? My wife and I used the Betty Ann for 17 nights, and 30 days on the water, but we only put 650 miles on the boat. We were not adventurous at all this season, spending most of out time on the water in Greenport, NY. As we have gotten older, we have found that we like to use the boat a couple of hours to get us to where we want to go, and just stay put once we get there. Now that we have air conditioning, we find the heat of the summer to not be any issue. We even have cable TV, a toaster and coffee maker on board, so we lack for nothing. 2016 was our 6th season, yet our interest in boating continues to remain high. I think it is a tribute to the layout of the boat, the ingenious use of space, and the fact that its smaller overall relative size to most boats in the marina (but a great deal more interior space than most boaters would realize) makes it so easy to maintain. We spend most of our time using the boat, and not in upkeep. The only major thing I had to do this year was to bring home the canvas, removing the salt gumming up the zippers with Salt-away, and re-applying two coats of 303 fabric protector. So that's it for the boating season for 2016, and perhaps we will be more adventuresome next year?

Rich

RoseDoctor

City/Region: Olympia/Pacific Northwest
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: Marinaut 215
Vessel Name: SEEKER
Photos: SEEKER
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: How often did we use out Marinaut Reply with quote

Hi Rich,
Sorry this took so long - I just found your post today.

My wife had some health issues last spring that delayed our boating season by about 1 1/2 months but after that we got on the water a lot. We spent 15 nights on board.

Most of these were at WA State Park buoys in South Puget Sound: Jarrell Cove SP, Stretch Island SP, Joemma SP, Penrose Point SP. We also did a bit of overnight anchoring in Filucy Bay just for practice. We went north a few times and stayed at Blake Island SP, just west of Seattle, and at Kingston Marina just west of Everett (fantastic Marina).

We were headed for the San Juans in August but the wind was terrible and we turned around at Langley on Whidbey Is. and came home. The weather in September was lousy and we never got far from here.

We developed a real "feel" for the boat and the electronics and developed some general boating skills as well. We're feeling pretty comfortable with her now and plan a trip or two to the San Juans this summer. Pray for good weather.

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: