The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Trailer guide-ons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjmcnabb

City/Region: Pender Island (Southern Gulf Islands)
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Luna
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Trailer guide-ons Reply with quote

I have a kind of generic question: Is there a rule-of-thumb for good placement of guide-ons on a boat trailer?
I have a new Gheenoe for use on the lake at our winter house in Florida, and I need to install guide-ons on the trailer, which I never have thought about before. Way back, there is a lot of room between boat and guides, and a narrow angle of bow to winch. Further forward, the gap between guide and hull is less, but it can lead to a wider angle of pull to the winch.
Boat and motor will total less than 500 lb, so am I being being a little OCD here? I do know that having the boat swing to a right angle to the trailer before I can get into the car is very annoying, and total weight is not all there is to getting it all in line for loading. Where is a guide-on best able to eliminate all of that?
Thanks for your ideas.
Rod

Rod & Jane; Victoria 18 sloop (Vickie) - gone; Islander 26 Bahama sloop (Callisto) - gone; WW Potter 19 sloop (Spring) - gone; Com-Pac 16 sloop (Bummer II) - gone; Nimble 24 yawl (Chatelaine) - gone; Nimble Vagabond cruiser (Loligo) - gone; C-Dory 22 Cruiser (NoddyBleu) - gone; Com-Pac 19 sloop ('Winkle) - gone; San Juan 24 sloop (Loligo^2) - gone; C-Dory 16 cruiser (Luna); Catalina Capri 18 sloop (Later)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: