View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Limpet along for 1,377 km in 2016 Reply with quote

I'm starting to get the Limpet ready for 2017 and pulled out the log book (which I should have brought in to the house earlier). I hadn't made the last entry for the day I left Lake Powell, so I pulled up some information from the Lowrance. In 2016, I traveled 1,377 nautical miles. 408 of those were on Lake Powell. That's going to be hard to beat in 2017, but I'm going to try.

The tow vehicle did at least 5K.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you keep a log book. I wish I could be that organized. Congratulations on the mileage and log book.

1,377-408= 965 nm. That alone is a lot for a year. Where did it all go?

Boris
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job -- keeping a log, and you did good miles, about 15 per day if you have 90 days on the water. I keep a log and do hours of run time, but not miles, nights on board, and places anchored and then add some notes of interest, (like Duchesses Bannock in Alert Bay or excellent F&C somewhere).

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my 2016 travels are in the Limpet photo album. I did some cruising locally that isn't included.

Gas mileage towing the trailer was 19.5 at first. Then I fashioned a combination bug screen/air deflector and got 21 mpg on my trip to Lake Powell and back. That's with a vehicle that averages 30 on the freeway when not towing. The cabin on the 16 sits higher than my tow vehicle and isn't very aerodynamic. Unfortunately, I got in a wind storm near Moab. I was going 60 into a 40 mph wind. It got torn up a bit and needs repair.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, nice album(s). Really well notated. Loved the 2016 travels, Broughtons and the west side of Vancouver Island. Sorry I missed you up there. I was into Pierre's Echo Bay the day you left. Dave let me know you had been in and when I went into Sullivan you had been there a few days ahead too.

Headed back up there this summer?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Headed back up there this summer?

My wife has been asking the same thing about once a week. The answer is probably.

I just booked a "boat" rental (a Penicettes canal barge) in France for September. This is the most decadent "boating" imaginable. Check out the "View Gallery" link on this page to see what "cruising" is like in France. http://www.locaboat.com/en/destinations-circuits/france/canal-boat-midi-camargue.html The barges are equipped with steel pegs, shore lines, and a sledge hammer. Any place along the canal where you can pound a peg you can moor. We have never spent a night in a town.

Not shown is that the local bakeries usually have a little truck that runs along the canal road (previously used by oxen pulling the barges) to make daily deliveries in the country side. Flag them down for fresh pastry.

Somebody has to do it.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: