The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

State of the Marinaut Business
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,

You have had some awful weather back in your neck of the woods!

Thank you for the kind words. We're looking forward to our association with Nordic and being able to deliver more boats. It's still go to be fairly low production but much better than our 3 to 4 boats per years pace. And, we have the capacity to grow if there is more demand for the boats.

Get ready for spring! Smile

Les

www.marinautboats.com
primetime

City/Region: Northwest CT
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Irish Queen
Photos: Irish Queen
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

My apologies to you and this community for not being more active here with pictures and posts since taking delivery of Marinaut #3. Unfortunately since then I've been really busy with the three B’s - Business, Baby (first grandchild!) and of course Boating. With the boat I’ve tried to use it as often as possible, but still not near as much as I like. It’s been a dream for quick weekends, several day excursions and single day trips, for cruising , fishing and just hanging. Within a few hours trail, the northeast has some of the nicest varied summertime boating opportunities going - big rivers, lakes, canals, bays, sounds and oceans with some beautiful coastlines. A trailerable cruiser like the Marinaut and C-Dory is perfect to experience it all.

I do manage check in to C-Brats occasionally and saw your post. Congratulations on the arrangement with Nordic Tug. It sounds like it will be great for both of you and for the community as well.

Funny story – I was at the Boston Boat Show I think in early Feb and checked out the Nordic 34 or maybe a 38 on display. Beautiful boat. The salesman was friendly, courteous and low key and answered a few general questions. As I was getting ready to exit I told him, “no – just looking. I recently took delivery of a new boat – a pilothouse style in fact, but smaller.” “Really, what brand?” “Marinaut” “Nice boat, I know them well” Thinking him confused or just being gracious – “Really? Nobody I know ever heard of them. Back here in the east people barely know the similar C-Dory brand.” “No, in fact we are going to start building them” “What, get outta here!” Now I thought he was pulling my leg. Then he asked me “Did I deliver your boat?” He didn’t but I looked at his name tag – Cory and put things together. This group will know him - Cory Gracy from Sharp Transport. He now also has a national position with Nordic Tug and was there supporting the local dealer. It was late and I was heading out of the show but I did chat with him for a few minutes and he told me some of the arrangements with Marinaut. How exciting.

My wife and I are happy and excited for you and Kathy and for the Marinaut brand. As an early adopter one only wishes success and of course we now hope for your continued growth. The relationship with such a quality company speaks very well to you and the quality of the boat you build and the possibilities are limitless. I can speak first hand to the quality of design, craftsmanship and performance of the boat. We have thoroughly enjoyed every minute on her and look forward to the many trips to come. Echoing the sentiments of many others here, it’s not just a boat, it’s an experience.

Best of luck and congrats again.

PS The Nordic Tug dealer here in CT might make a nice prospect. There’s a couple of your prodigies here in the neighborhood. Just sayin.

Marinaut 215 "Irish Queen" 2012
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks so very much for the kind words and encouragement! It's the folks willing to take a chance on the Marinuat boats (and us) that have made it work. It's a delightful boat, as each owner will attest, and that's why we keep pushing forward. So thank you very much for being a part of it all.

Les
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les,
Anything new with the Marinaut business? It has been awhile since we have heard from you. Hope all is well.
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo Smith wrote:
Hi Les,
Anything new with the Marinaut business? It has been awhile since we have heard from you. Hope all is well.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your question.

We're still moving along doing our thing, albeit a bit more slowly than planned. I left the US in early October to spend a bit of time in the Philippines for the winter. Kathy is still at the store, it's open and the shop is open as well. Our head mechanic had some health challenges this year and has taken some time off as well.

I'll be back in the Spring and I'll be concentrating on getting production up on the Marinaut, as well as trying to find some dealers for the boat.

Happy Holidays!

Les
Leo Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les,
Glad to hear that you are doing well. We look forward to seeing more Marinauts!
Best,
Leo
Leo Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Les has moved on, there hasn't been much discussion on Marinauts. Are these boats still in production? This is such a nicely designed and crafted boat, that it would be a shame if the molds are sitting in a barn somewhere collecting dust.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo Smith wrote:
Since Les has moved on, there hasn't been much discussion on Marinauts. Are these boats still in production? This is such a nicely designed and crafted boat, that it would be a shame if the molds are sitting in a barn somewhere collecting dust.

Last I heard from Kathy, they were still making the boats but they were working out some changes in vendors. I'll check in with her to find out what's up.

Kathy

City/Region: Oak Harbor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: State of the Marinaut business Reply with quote

Leo
Thank you for asking about the Marinaut boats! Carl, Stan, and I along with Dave Thompson intend to get these boats back into production. Such a great boat! At the moment we have a really nice used one on the market-he just bought the boat last year, however after some enjoyable cruising with the boat they want to go bigger. The owner of the boat listed the boat on the C-Brats site. Kathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: