The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/07 - 03/09 - St. John's River, Florida Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimicliff

City/Region: Mount Dora
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ocklawaha Queen
Photos: Ocklawaha Queen
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant find sign up sheet so this is my attempt to sign in ok: Cliff Harbin Ocklawaha Queen 439 7th Ave E Mt Dora Fl 32757 352 735 1601
jimicliff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant find sign up sheet so this is my attempt to sign in ok: Cliff Harbin Ocklawaha Queen 439 7th Ave E Mt Dora Fl 32757 352 735 1601
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jimicliff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NancyandBud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Willow
Photos: Willow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cliff,

The sign up is found under the "Events Tab" at the top of every page. It is below the C-Brats logo, 5th from the left.

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Fair Winds and Following C's to us all.
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
Just got back from a short five day trip on the St. John's River. The water levels are very good and we were able to easily cruse to DeLeon Springs. Also spent a night at Salt Springs, Silver Glenn Springs and Astor watching the annual Christmas Boat Parade. This is the first time we took our dinghy with the 2.5 Suzuki out on the C-Otter and we used it at every spot. Its only about 50lbs and fits well on top of the boat...love it! Also tested out all the fall changes to the boat like air-head, radar, galley modification, new shower room in the cockpit, second chart plotter and more.

I already have some firewood for the gathering and plan on splitting more next week. We will be having our silent auction again this year so look around for all your "treasures" that you no longer have use for. I am getting quite a pile together! All proceeds go to help the Hontoon Island State Park.

New this year is going to be a galley contest! We are going to vote on the "Best Galley Gadget"! This can be anything used in the galley or general cabin. Use your imagination! Will also have a discussion that you will not want to miss about first aid kits and what to have in them by Dr. Bob Austin.

There are lots of side rivers and creeks for exploring with your C-Dorys so plan on coming early or staying longer. There is still time to sign up so make sure that you do! This is a gathering you will not want to miss!

Merry Christmas to all....Tom and Joyce

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
Everything is coming together for our 4th Annual C-Brat Gathering. Most everyone has signed up on the website and that's great! This year we are also asking all attending to sign up on the link below. We've gathered this information at Hontoon Island other years but it will help our volunteers if you do it online. It also helps me in that I get a full report that I can print out rather that writing it out by hand.

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163

Thanks to Ken Elliot for setting this up for us!

Merry Christmas and a C-Dorious New Year!
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Form filled out. I did note on it to keep it private to just those in attendance at the gathering. Just for everyone's info, might be nice to know exactly how this data is used. I'm assuming it's for a nice roster for those of us in attendance to be able to stay in touch with each other. Looking forward to another great gathering. And with our second weekend snow storm in a row, March can't get here soon enough! Colby
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby
Yes....the information will be for a contact list that will be given to attending C-Brats. I do not even have a facebook page. It nice to know how to contact someone that was at the gathering. It's been a great fall and early winter here in Florida. Stay warm and I'll see you in March.
BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidmagnum12 wrote:
Colby
Yes....the information will be for a contact list that will be given to attending C-Brats. I do not even have a facebook page. .

OMG! You mean there is someone else on this planet that does not have a Facebook page besides me Xmas LOL

gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: st johns Reply with quote

Also no Facebook for us.
The Col announced no leave for anyone in March; manning shortfalls. So we are backing out. Nuts.
Retiring in July.
We're back in Key West again for 2 weeks, 81-83 degrees every day
with 10% chance of rain every day last week and next week.

The Garmin DownVu/SideVu sonar works great with astounding details. A few fish are complaining of headaches and blurry vision. The fishing is great according to the locals who fish.

We're at Stock Island Marina Village, B-10. PM me if around. A first class marina in all respectincluding air conditioned code locked showers, but pricey at $3.50/ft/day with a 39 ft min. My brother is staying at a brand new Boatel 2 docks over for $239/night (4th night free). Same as your std Airport Doubletree with a lot more local flavor and color. Finicky Wi-Fi. Highly recommended.

The Seaplane tour of Dry Tortugas is well worth the premium over the Fast Ferry ($178 for 4h vs $317 for 2.5h). Both highly recommended.
Best Beach is Ft Zach Taylor State Park at avg State Park admission fees.

My Bob Austin Custom Commode Special Radar Mount is a custom hgt over the AC and really looks good for the $30 in parts from Lowes plus the Krylon Fusion spray paint. I can't wait for Bob to autograph it.

Happy Boating!
John

BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: st johns Reply with quote

gulfcoast john wrote:
Also no Facebook for us.

My Bob Austin Custom Commode Special Radar Mount is a custom hgt over the AC and really looks good for the $30 in parts from Lowes plus the Krylon Fusion spray paint. I can't wait for Bob to autograph it.

Happy Boating!
John

Picture please?

We are fast heading towards 8 degrees in Oklahoma so please no comments about balmy Key West! Pretty Please? Xmas Naughty
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Hontoon Island C-Brats!
It's only about 2 months till our big gathering at Hontoon Island State Park. Lots of signups but we do have room for a few more. Joyce and I covered the area between Palatka and the Atlantic on the St. John's over Christmas and had good time testing out our new Garmin radar in the morning fog and our new to us AIS receiver came to life...a lot...around Jacksonville. Over five years exploring the St. John's and this was our first adventure north of Palatka. Fun but we still like the south and central areas better and that's what I will do after the gathering this year.

For those that did not catch this before please also sign up on the link below in addition to the C-Brat sign up. This information will only be used for our group. In the past we gathered this information at the CBGT and then Ken would have to type this in after. We hope this year to give every attendee a list right away. This can only happen if everyone helps by filling out their own information before hand. If you have already done ✅ so ...Thanks!

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163

Got a call from the park manager yesterday and they are anticipating and looking forward to our our arrival. Remember we are going to have a silent auction to benefit the park. Last year's auction was fantastic! I already have a pile of boat stuff to donate.....no kitchen sink but there will be a "head",macerator, Y valve and other treasures! Look around....your junk could be someone's treasure.

I'll be posting more in the weeks ahead so stand by. It's time to think Florida!

Tom, Joyce and Cotter on the C-Otter
NancyandBud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Willow
Photos: Willow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to my recent prostate cancer diagnosis, it looks like a treatment plan will make it impossible for us to attend.

Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun.

As the Cub fans always say "Wait till next year".
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud and Nancy
So sorry that you will not be able to make the gathering at Hontoon. Life can get in the way. I've had physical ups and downs but looking forward to the "next boating adventure" always gave me light at the end of the tunnel! Look forward to better days. As you said "wait till next year". We will save you a slip and pray for your speedy recovery.

God bless....Tom and Joyce
Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St John's River Gathering March 7, 8, 9th, 2017

Brenda and I will arrive early again this year to help with preparations but Tom and Joyce have always outrun us so we will just pitch in where needed.

Last year, after the gathering, we cruised the Atlantic ICW to Savannah, GA. experiencing extreme high tide that stranded us in the grass on a mud bar, firm aground, bow down at 12.9° while we were asleep around midnight, no escape. The tide came in the next morning and we continued but chose our next anchorages more carefully.

This year we are considering an overnight cruse to Sanford, FL., 25 miles south, up river. We sure would like to follow a convoy of other C-Dory boats.

Bill and Brenda Russell 2 Lafayette 24, Stamps, AR. 71860 870-533-2663

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: