The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

canoe on Silver Creek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerJuntunen

City/Region: Rupert, ID
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: In Cahoots - Idaho
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: canoe on Silver Creek Reply with quote

Hi Brats, We just spent a beautiful day on Silver Creek Idaho in the canoe. Being on the water is such an enjoyable and exciting way to spend the day in a canoe, rowboat or of course a C-Dory. Silver Creek is south of Sun Valley, and comes out of the rocks by Timmerman hill, close to the towns of Bellevue and Picabo (pronounced Peek a Boo). It winds all over the valley before eventually ending up in the Little Wood River. Some C-Brats may be familiar. It is a nature conservancy area.

So what's this all about? First, it's a pat on the back to the C-Dory People that we have been fortunate to meet. C-Brats are on the water enjoying the beauty of nature no matter if it's cruising, fishing or just getting up and going, in all seasons and all kinds on weather.

Secondly, its about something more philosophical. I was in Friday Harbor last year sitting on the back of In Cahoots on a beautiful full moon night. To me it was perfect. Across the way I could see four big boats (yachts). All four had their big screen T.V.s on and most of the lights were on including some of those underwater lights. Generators were running air conditioners. I thought, are these people missing something.

Back to Silver Creek and the fact that the enjoyment of Silver Creek would be wiped out in a month without the Nature Conservancy. Being so close to Sun Valley would insure million dollar homes almost instantly with no access for anyone above the high water mark. That big bull moose that gazed at us would have to find a new place to live with his family and the wonderful natural foliage would be replaced with professional landscaping.

We all need to cherish and protect the natural beauty we have and I think the C-Brat community is a good example to follow. Enough preaching but today is Sunday. Roger and Cheryl

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, "Roger That" Exclamation

Some years ago, about this time of year I spent a day on Sawtooth Lake in a canoe, From early morning, before the sun hit the water, through the day and on into late evening. Great fall colors, blue sky and water and gorgeous, golds that ran into some reads along the edges of the lake.

Yes, being on the water wherever, however is a privilege and should be shared and preserved.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on, Roger. Before we had a C--Dory, in our early years of marriage, we had canoes. One for flat water and a C-2 for white water. We paddled rivers all over the country, and our three kids shared most of our vacation time (and we were both teachers) on the waterways in canoes. Great family times.
Then, after retiring early, we lived on the water for three years in a Flicka 20' sailboat and then 20+ years on our 22' C.-Dory. The water has been a close association for our family, and living close to nature has also been a privilege in our lives.
We sold our C-Dory to an employee of the Nature Conservancy so she is in good hands. Thanks for your "preaching."

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El and Bill wrote:
...we had canoes. One for flat water and a C-2 for white water. We paddled rivers all over the country...

Fun to see you mention C-2! I used to paddle one from time-to-time (when my co-owner also wanted to, vs. single kayaks). Brings back memories just to see the term in print. Not just the kayaking but also the days of making our own wetsuits, laying up boats in someone's garage, etc. Very Happy

One of the things I loved about paddling whitewater was how it combined travel with boating and with wild areas. Something of that is what drew me to the C-Dory. My big whitewater days are over, but with the C-Dory I can still travel/boat, and even do rivers with a put-in and a take-out Thumbs Up. And I still kayak, but now its lakes or sometimes moving water that's in the Class 1-2 range.

Roger I enjoyed reading of your canoeing day. Ahhh. I love my C-Dory, but silent sports have a special place in my heart too.
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

Silver Creek Preserve has protected the trout too. Enjoy Big Woods last time I was there near Bellevue

Dwight

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: