The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Desolation Sound 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Desolation Sound 2006 Reply with quote

The posts from the Desolation Sound (DS) trip this year are great to see and make me wish even more that we had made it. Having been to DS by boat once before I know how beautiful it can be. So for all of us who missed it, (and those who went) I'm proposing a trip this summer in late August or early September. Peter and I want to take a two week trip to the Gulf Islands, which would include a night in Sidney BC. and a visit to Salt Spring and Princess Louisa. It would be great to have a group which could meet up occasionally as this years did, with plenty of freedom to stop in special spots. While we will be planning trips all summer long this would be a grand finale for us to the summer boating season ending with a rendevous at Desolation Sound. Peter and I would be happy to discuss these plans at the Seattle Boat Show gathering in January.
Was anyone already planning another DS trip this year? If so, lets discuss dates and get it on the calendar. We should be able to keep up with everyone now that we're having the Suzuki 90 and trim tabs put on in December CoolSmile
By the way, this is my first post, wow, how exciting!
Caryn
C-Dancer
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pub.
I doubt I will be able to make that trip but I sure hope to see you at an event in the not too distant future.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caryn, I met you and your first mate at Twin Bridges Marina last year. Also I think you made the Lopez week-end.
I made the trip to PL twice last year. Gorgeous area. First time I went up the east coast of Vancouver Is to Comox and then across Georgia Strait and then down the Marispina Channel . Returned via the Ca mainland coast and across into the Gulf Islands. Second trip we crossed from the Gulf Islands and up the Ca mainland and returned pretty much the same way. I may be up for that trip again. Although I am still thinking about flying to Ketchikan and cruising back on Daydream.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and sue may also be up for that trip. Keep us posted as it developes. I have been there a couple times by sailboat but not in my C-Dory.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caryn & Peter
We missed out on this years trip due to school starting at the same time. Keep us posted on possible dates, I would like to give it a try. Last summer we spent a week in the Gulf Is. There is so much to see, we just scratched the surface. Princess Louisa sounds like a great destination.
Terry

Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caryn,

Our vacation is always the first two weeks of September. We are definitely scheduling those weeks in 2006 to repeat the Desolation Sound trip. However, we loved the "North of Desolation Sound" area so much that we plan to spend all two weeks in that area. We will probably put in somewhere north of Campbell River, start at Cordero Lodge or Blind Channel and then work our way north.

It is a fantastic area, more remote, better fishing, crabbing and shrimping. Fewer places to refuel and stop.
Lyle

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: