View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: YTD fuel economy Reply with quote

I finally remembered to look at my GPS tracking system and my fuel usage monitor. Both were installed this spring before I started my travels. I have now traveled 969.5 miles according to the tracking system on my Lowrance (and 3K according to the odometer on my car). I know that the number is not perfectly accurate because the switch for the Lowrance is right next to my switch for the wiper. It's very frustrating to be in a tight situation, reach down to flip the wiper, and turn off the depth sounder and chart plotter (which takes a couple minutes to fire back up). Still, I never travel far with it off.

My travel time is 93 hours, which translates to an average speed of just over 10 knots. Funny because I seldom travel at that speed. That's usually too fast when it's rough and too slow for a nice plane when it's calm. The only time I can recall going 10-11 is cutting at an angle in the trough when it's rough. My engine hours are over 100, so I've spent some time just sitting.

My fuel usage is 148.2. I haven't checked the calibration on the system for awhile because the first couple of tanks were so accurate. That works out to 6.5 miles per gallon. As with other expenditures related to boating, I don't really care. It's legal and I still have some cash in my wallet. Anchors aweigh.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have a 16 but you don't say what motor you are using....
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha 50.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: