The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cleat Insalation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmitch2859

City/Region: virginiabeach
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: Delfin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Cleat Insalation Reply with quote

I do have my C-Dory Cruiser in a wet slip at Tidewater Yacht Marina. The amidships boat cleat is too far forward. Right now, I use the cockpit hand hold to go from dock to boat. I would like to install a cleat just forward of the gas fill on starboard side. I do not see any way to get to the nuts and washers on the bottom. I do have the fuel fill hoses in the way. I do not want to remove the hoses. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank You Smile
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (and others) have put a cleat in the gunwale near the corner with the aft cabin. Mine is on the inside face of the gunwale in order to not be an obstacle on the top of the when walking along the side. There is no recess in the gunwale for a cleat like there is further forward.

If you want to put a cleat on the gunwale you'll need to remove the bin liner for the cutouts in the cockpit side walls to get to the inside surface. On the starboard side you're going to find the wiring harness for the motor and stuff aft which may be difficult to move for access without cutting a lot of the cable ties.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be a whole 'nother ball game for a 25 thought, perhaps with less access...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: