View previous topic :: View next topic  
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Crabbing around Deception Pass Reply with quote

My family and I will be camping at Bowman Bay in a couple of weeks. Wife and I will "camp" on the boat, after launching at Cornet. We plan on taking the 4 g-kids crabbing. I'm looking for input from those that have crabbed in that area before. Any good spots? Anything to be concerned about? I know the tides will probably be the biggest issue.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out from the docks it a island. There is a shallow bar on the east side of the island that runs 300 yards east. 25ft of water. Its a good spot but gets hit a lot. Second area is east of the dock run along the shore until you get to the corner. 25 to 75 ft on both sides of the corner. Third spot is the beach along the north shore of the pass east of the docks. Just look right across the pass from the docks. Lot of homes along the low beach. 25 to 100 ft. Follow that shore line east towards the bay. Any where between the corner of the going into Similk bay and Kiket Island. Those are all inside spots.

If you feel like running out side anywhere along West beach ( south of the pass on the out side) Is good. Just do not go into the restricted zone down by the base.. See you charts for the Note on the area. if you are going to run out to see whales or other wise sight see you can drop pots near smith island. Also Burrows bay to the north can be good. Inside of Langley bay on the south east corner of burrows bay would be good.

So there are a few inside and out spots. Watch the tides on the out side spots or add weight to your ports.

localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks, Tom. I'll check it out. Gives me a starting point.
Wigeon

City/Region: Bellingham
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, i would like to thank you for sharing your fishing expertise over the years with members & also the veterans groups. You have unselfishly helped countless men, women & children enjoy the wonderful pastime of fishing. You have also invited numerous people, whether inexperienced or salty anglers to fish with you on your boat.

Also, after watching the nightly news, I sometimes feel a little down after seeing the violence. But then I see a post from a gentleman asking for a little fishing help and there you are, lending a hand. It makes me feel good again. Thanks Tom

Larry
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: