The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/12 - 08/14 - Powell River BC, Canadian CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pekoe

City/Region: Quadra Island
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mitlenatch Island Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi". What a great site this is not just for C-dory information but everything to do with boats. I've learned a ton of great ideas from this site. We aren't C-dory "parents" ( because it will be our baby) yet but hope to be sometime soon. We live on Quadra Island which is just north of Mitlenatch and Mitlenatch it is well worth the side trip. There is a nice little beach to anchor in on the north side which I've seen plenty of sailboats doing. Living in this area I've never gone on the island as its suppose to have quite a few snakes that like to snack on eggs as the island is a nesting ground for seagulls. We enjoy the birds from the water thanks. Smile Its a great spot to check out sea lions as well.

Happy cruising!

cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon

Welcome. We are neighbours so if you are ever in the Comox Valley come by and visit (assuming I'm home and not out cruising).

Good luck with your search.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hardee"]Ron, Do we need to make individual reservations at the marina there, prior to arrival? If yes, and I missed it, please refer me to a contact piece, phone or email or whatever works.

Harvey,
No reservations as the marina doesn't take them. Anne and I will register and pay for enough spots to hold them for C-Brats who want us to. They can reimburse us when they arrive. The harbour master has agreed to work with us as best he can to group everyone together, so its kind of important for people to sign up so we have a good idea of the numbers to expect. We will finalize with the marina in the latter part of July and I will post details then.

Sharon,
You don't have to have a C-Dory to attend a C-Brats gathering. Its a great way to see a lot of C-Dorys in a short time, and even more important to meet the people that make this group special.

Cheers
Ron
PvL

City/Region: Sunshine Coast
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Lately
Photos: Latley
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Plan to join Powell River Gathering Reply with quote

If all goes according to plan Lately and crew from Secret Cove plan to be at the Powell River gathering.
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No promises, but Two Lucky Fish might make it up for this event.
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately & crew a and Tim and crew.....we are looking forward to seeing you here! Its going to be fun.
Cheers
Ron
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about a bit of cruising (Desolation/Discovery Islands) the week before the Powell River gathering. Anyone interested? Can not do anything immediately after the gathering, have to return to Comox, family stuff!

Martin.
Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Powell River Reply with quote

is this for Canadians only?
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not! C-Dorys cross borders both north and south to attend gatherings with nearly half of the boats currently signed up for Powell River coming from the US.

Click on the event signups link near the top of this page and choose the gathering to see that list and even sign yourself up.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Powell River Reply with quote

Baxter wrote:
is this for Canadians only?

As Aurelia Greg said "Of course not"
I add Nope, Nada, Nix, No way, Not at all!

C-Brats is a international organization composed of like minded, independent, adventurous and good looking individuals who own and love the "Swiss Army Knife" of boats. You are most welcome and encouraged to join us and expand your cruising horizons.

Besides, us Canadians are a friendly bunch we'd welcome you even if you came on a Bayliner bowrider!
Laughing
Cheers
Ron
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "good looking individuals" include Thomas Elliot? Razz

Martin.

(only joking Tom, you know I owe ya a beer)
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Powell River Reply with quote

Of course....especially Tom
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: A Few Of My Favourite Things Reply with quote

My apologies to Mary Poppins and, probably more accurately, a few of my favourite places. Its great to see more and more folks signing up for the PRCBGT and for the lucky folks that have a little extra time here's a few of my favourite stops along the way. I'm not going to add much for cruising directions, just give a list of a few wonderful places to stop if you have the time.

West Side (Gulf Islands) Route

#1) Butchart Gardens http://www.butchartgardens.com/ This is a great stop by boat. They have mooring bouys and a dinghy dock available and you can overnight a short distance away in Todd Inlet.

#2 New Castle Island http://www.newcastleisland.ca/ This provincial marine park has dock space, mooring bouys and lots of trails to hike on the island to stretch your legs and it has the Dinghy Dock pub, if you are inclined to enjoy a beverage and dinner off the boat.. It is also very close to the bustling port city of Nanaimo if you need fuel or provisions.

#3 Tribune Bay, Hornby Island Tribune Bay
Beautiful lunch stop on Hornby Island. People do overnight here in settled weather, but not if any SE wind is expected.

#4 Jedediah Island Marine Park Jedediah This is my favourite marine park in all the Gulf Islands. Its a special place that not a lot of people heading north or south take the time to visit. You should.

Enjoy the West Side. (east to follow)

Cheers
Ron
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Favourite Things East Side Reply with quote

Well the PRCBGT is getting closer and closer. If you haven't signed up yet please do so. In the next week or so I'll let you know more details. What we know for sure is: we're having a potluck on Saturday evening. Laughing Plus we have lots other things in the plans. Stay tuned.

Favourite Places East Side

1) If you are not from a big city or if you are and you like big cities, try anchoring in Vancouvers False Creek Inlet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_Creek This is pretty well as down town as you will get and anchoring here is a really neat experience. Just get your free anchoring permit http://vancouver.ca/streets-transportation/anchoring.aspx and enjoy the activities on Granville Island http://granvilleisland.com/ fine restaurants and the big city lights.

2) If big city lights aren't your forte maybe a laid back marina at Bowen Island will be more your style. I've always enjoyed Union Steamship Marina. It has a nice pub and restaurant and is only about 12 nmiles or so from Vancouver.http://www.unionsteamshipmarina.com/marina/

3) Plumper Cove Marine Park http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/plumper/ We like to stop at this park on Keats Island, when we lived in Vancouver and were heading up(or down) to Desolation and points north. It has dock moorage as well as mooring bouys. It has a nice trail to stretch your legs on, is close to the town of Gibsons, if you need supplies and its not far off the "Strait Shot" for the PRCBGT.

4) If you don't want any lights in your anchorage (other than anchor lights) stop at Smuggler Cove Marine Park. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/smuggler/ This is my favourite anchorage of all. Well so far! lol Laughing It is very sheltered, has a neat entry and lots of interesting places to drop your hook. Be aware its popular and you will probably have to stern tie to one on the many eyebolts provided.

Well there you have it four favourites for each side. Enjoy.
Cheers
Ron
Doggyjazz

City/Region: Surrey
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Chase.n.Me
Photos: Chase.n.Me
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Powell river Reply with quote

Hello,
We have been thinking about heading up your way fir some fishing,...so meeting you at your event could be an option depending on what day you are planning.

Martin
19 Angler.... Chase-n- Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: