The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/20 - 05/22 - 2016 Friday Harbor CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catch 22

City/Region: Lynnwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Catch 22
Photos: Catch 22
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late but thabk you Greg and Cindy for a great event. This was my second C-dory gathering and I was so pleased to see how many great folks are invoved. Anna and I are looking forward to many more!
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a blast we had, thanks again to all who attended. Catch up with old friends, make new ones, this is what the gathering is all about. Oh yeah, talk about C-Dory's as well.
After FH we headed for a buoy at Cypress Island with Blake (chowder man) & Rhonda, Corey & Toni. Next day C&T had to depart. B&R and us then headed for Anacortes, next day, La Connor. B&T then had to return to warm Canada for a wedding, leaving us to shiver our buns off Smile
Andrea and I then headed off to check out Coupeville. Lovely quaint little town. Now it was time to turn north and seek that elusive sunshine. We stayed at Deception Pass marina before heading back to Friday harbor to look in on the Memorial Day parade. We find the Americans very patriotic and this was no exception.
Heading north now for Canada and the weather warms up and the sun comes out Very Happy
Spent the last night at Schooner Cove just north of Nanaimo, then back to our home marina in Comox.

For those of you who are interested, running time from Friday Harbor to Comox at approx 14 knots was 7hrs 30 mins. So I sure hope to see a lot of you at the annual Canadian gathering, this year hosted by Ron in Powell River.

Martin and Andrea.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, Thanks for the post with the timing. That's good useful info to have in the box.

As to going north for the warm. We were close to 80 yesterday and more for this weekend. But I know, Seems it always seems better at home. Glad you had a safe trip back, and it was good to get to see you two at Friday Harbor. Looking forward to more visits come some summer cruising.

Stay safe, And thank to Andrea for her part in keeping the waters safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home tonight. It was wonderful to meet so many wonderful people.

I spent about a week traveling around the San Juans and spent part of that time with Two Bears and Sea Spray. It was great to get to know both of you.

I will say it did get warmer as soon as I got back to Canada. I can't believe how cold it was down south.

Thanks again to everyone.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also just got home in California today. It was great to see people we had not seen in several years and to meet new friends. We left a few days early from our plans since Karen got a cough and the cold night air was not helping her.

Now we are in hot weather and miss the Islands.

Thanks for putting together a great gathering.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear both C-Gypsy and Sea Spray of home safe, and warmed up. It was great to see you at Friday harbor and fun to work on the MMSI stuff. thanks for the help on that.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: