View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Organizer Ideas Reply with quote

On another forum, II saw a great idea for organizing the boat. Framed and unframed net pockets.

http://www.organizedobie.com/categories/258/Net-Pockets

jimicliff

City/Region: Mount Dora
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ocklawaha Queen
Photos: Ocklawaha Queen
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like they were made for the C Dory by C Dory, I just need to figure out how to mount. I think glueing wood strips to the wall then screw into the weed strips. Thanks again.
capt. meares

City/Region: Tillamook
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Vianey
Photos: Vianey
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ptHpYyiiL.jpg

Mount with these, add a drop of 4200, zip tie it. If you want to move it later (I always do) not a big deal to remove.

I prefer the storage hammocks in the v berth method.
jimicliff

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever want to complicate something call me, your thing that the tie wraps go thru sure are the way to go. The V berth is where I already have a net that goes down one complete side. The smaller ones I've never seen and they just rock, after 3 years I've just finished my boat for distant traveling on the east coast. I think everyone has heard our boats called Swiss Knives but I came up with what I think is a new one. I call my 16 cruiser a "Back Pack with a 50 hp". I had a mechinal accident last month, I was out in the boat positioning small containers on the pilot house walls, I left one of my dock lines tied to the rear cleat and let it sit in the splash well. All I did was idyl around and move the containers to get inspired, well the dock line blew out and wrapped around the prop. On idyl speed it managed to destroy the lower unit on my outboard. The new unit came in and we installed it and then went on to load my stainless prop as well but it wouldn't fit the core was too shallow for some reason. Well I had an aluminum spare so we loaded that and it was perfect, not only perfect but I gained 2K rpm. My engine now runs at the edge of red line and sounds great and I gained 4 mph. It was a poor assumption the previous owner had accurately selected the correct pitch angel on his stainless prop it was so shinny when it came back after having it recored when I spun it out last year on my 800 mile Savannah break in trip.
Its rare and cool when a failure has a Silver Lining, again thank you both for helping me find just one more item to improve my little cruiser.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a lifetime supply in white for $5. One of the things I read and have found to be true is not putting any strain on them for at least 24 hours really improves the adhesion. Clean the surface with alcohol or acetone (if the surface can handle acetone, which the original hull interior can handle). Press the gizmo on. Press it again in a few hours. Press it again the next day. Then hang whatever on it. I've found the failure rate to be practically zero if I'm patient.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jimicliff

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, were you talking about 4200 when you said "Life time supply in white"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I forgot to post the link. I was talking about these. The are kind of an off white and match good.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cable-mounts-25x25-100pcs/dp/B003L16ZYU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

They are self-adhesive with double backed foam tape. That's what I was talking about when pressing them on. No additional 4200 is needed. They can be removed and the area cleaned up with some kind of a goo-be-gone product.

Here they are holding the wiring going to my bilge pump.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT suggestion, Marco. I just put a 100 of them in my Amazon cart!

Quote:
Then hang whatever on it.

Any idea how much weight (strain) they might hold? 10 pounds?
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the weight figure, but if your attachment is good, these pads sometimes fail because the foam adhesive pad pulls apart (leaving half on the plastic holder and half on whatever surface it was bonded to). Also eventually the foam pad will degrade and come apart. Depends on the usage environment. If I want the mounts to be there a really long time, I remove the foam and glue the mount directly to the surface.
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not 10# each, or at least not for long. A pound or a little more is probably max, so they're great for running wiring, which is their intended purpose. I have used them on painted areas and it is the paint that has pulled loose as the weakest link. I've been using double-backed foam tape for a few non-crucial things and, if you're not asking too much, it seems to work great. Even if I assume that it might fail in a few years, it is still so much nicer than drilling holes in everything. I just attached a solar controller directly to the hull today with DB tape.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: