The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Bottom Painting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BORIS-

I've done that too, but after painting all but what's covered by the rollers, I used the winch on the front of the trailer to pull the boat backward a foot or so by reversing the direction of pull with some extra ropes and pulleys. Simple and it works!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
CDory23

Photos: CDory23
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Vivd bottom paint for the boat and have come up with a plan for prepping and painting on the trailer.

I Pressure washed the old bottom paint in a small area first to confirm my honda 6hp with a 0 degree tip would not damage gel coat. All seemed fine so I continued around. I then noticed areas where it looks like barnacles were previously attached now were crevices into the fiberglass. Areas are about 1/4" in diameter by about an 1/8" deep roughly. These will definitley need to be filled, but I'm unsure of where to go from here. Is this because The pressure washer was too strong or were these weak points from where the barnacles damaged the bottom of the boat? Another note is I used a bottom cleaner (don't remember exact one) bought at West Marine to help get rid of the barnacles when originally purchased. I do remember the smell of this treatment being very strong.

I will post some pics of the areas tomorrow.
CDory23

Photos: CDory23
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are now 3 pictures of the gouges in my album labeled gouge 1 through 3. If you look next to them it seems as if some other areas are almost ready to do the same. Barnacle Damage?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: