The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Simrad Drivepilot vs Lowrance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kushtaka

City/Region: Cordova
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Kushtaka
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Simrad Drivepilot vs Lowrance Reply with quote

Following the Lowrance Outboard Pilot's less than efficient release and related problems and bugs coming of age, Simrad seems to have a very similar product out now that is a slightly better version of the Lowrance system.

It seems that the only difference is the heading sensor being upgraded from Point1AP sensor to the RC42.

The specs for this sensor look like it will perform better on the ocean in rolling and pitching conditions. For the most part, one must add these items to a cart when online shopping. Navico is quite insistent that it's dealers adhere to their MAP. But you can find the $1000 Outboard pilot for around $850, and you can find the $1600 Drive Pilot for around $1350.

They are all said to be compatible with NSS Evo and with HDS Gen 2 and 3 units. Of course I'm looking before these have been released for very long, I'd like to know if anyone has tried this Simrad version, or even better, if anyone has tried both in some rougher weather, please let me know your experience.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: