City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, lets bring this back up to the top!

Slight change of dates, cruise up to SE Alaska will be earlier in June due to Callahans' need to be back in VA by a certain date in July for a wedding or some such foolishness...anyway, we are flexible, whatever dates it takes to make it work. I get to pick my vacation dates, dang it!

Now, I don't know about who else is doing this one way or both ways, but how about people who want to be "Boat Buddies" for this gig to Alaska chiming in here...Who of our Left Coast buds want to run up? Trip up is now looking like the departure the second week in June 2006, two weeks.

Equally important, who of our Right Coast / mid-continent buds wants to cruise a Left Coast bud's C-Dory back down? Dun and Becky on Cresent Girl? George and Penny on Wanderer? Tom on Sally's Sister? TJ and Jen on C's the Day? John and Liz on Lizzy Ann? Nick and Marcia on Valkyrie? I don't want to slight any of my Eastern Shore friends, but I was mostly asleep as the pix attest, so please forgive me if I didn't mention your name...My point is, hey, would you like to be half of some "Boat Buddy" team to bring a C-Dory back from SE Alaska to Puget Sound?

This has the potential to be the coolest CBGT ever, we are doing it even if it is only us, but imagine doing this cruise with a little group of your new best friends! If you can't get excited about this, you ought to go buy a Bayliner or something!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will eventually make this trip. I took the ferry many times in the late 70's and through the 80's. 48 hours from Seattle to Petersburg, including the stops at Ketchikan and Wrangell. Chop off an hour or two since they leave from Bellingham now. $210 is the going rate to Ketchikan, $320 to go all of the way to Skagway. Next year may be too early for me...

here is a link to the AK Marine HWY fares, etc:

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/schedres/tariffs/s05fares.htm

CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! How did I miss this thread? Shocked What a great idea. Kind of like Wife (or husband) swapping...only with C-Dorys. Does your boat have to have a female (or male) name???? OK, I'd better stop before I get in trouble.

Seriously, I'm interested. Always wanted to do that trip, but the thought of 3000+ miles of asphalt isn't appealing. I'll have to get out the thinking cap, and the charts, and cogitate a bit. Idea

GREAT IDEA! Then you left coasters could try some New England hospitality as well.

Dun (CTYankee)
Wanderer

City/Region: Annapolis, MD; The Villages, FL
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Wanderer
Photos: Wanderer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Patty,

I have this thread marked for watching.

We're thinking that we may??? be out in the NW next summer. Penny and I are looking into cruising some of the inside passage.

Come travel with us: http://2Wander.com
Bob Cat

City/Region: Santa Monica
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Dive Cat
Photos: Dive Cat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katy and I want to go. All we need is a boat. It's a little far out on the calendar to carve in stone, but we are filing our good intentions.

Best regards,
Scaley
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Callahan gets credit for generalizing the idea of Boat Buddies. We LOVED cruising Otter on the Chesapeake, and so when we realized there was an opportunity here for Tom and Kathy to cruise here on Daydream, we naturally posed the idea to them, and they are working on how to make it happen on their end. Now, I think we can do a LOT of Boat Buddy pairings, or some might want to cruise their own boats both ways, but this Boat Buddy idea is too cool, no? So, now who do we match CTYankee up with? How about Laurna Jo, Jim and Laurie?

CTYankee wrote:
WOW! How did I miss this thread? Shocked What a great idea. Kind of like Wife (or husband) swapping...only with C-Dorys. Does your boat have to have a female (or male) name???? OK, I'd better stop before I get in trouble.

Seriously, I'm interested. Always wanted to do that trip, but the thought of 3000+ miles of asphalt isn't appealing. I'll have to get out the thinking cap, and the charts, and cogitate a bit. Idea

GREAT IDEA! Then you left coasters could try some New England hospitality as well.

Dun (CTYankee)
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up to the top one more time! Boat Buddies the Callahans have begged off, for this next year at least...We are still trying to figure a way for this to work. Maybe it is a round trip, with the launch a little further north?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: